60 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
19.5 K Views
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

The rumors are true! Guitar Noise now has a Guitar Noise Store! Find it here:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/store.php

You'll find all sorts of items here, including the new "Portable Guitar Noise" CD Rom! And be on the look out for all sorts of Guitar Noise items as soon as we get done approving them!   ;)

And in case you're one of those who bypasses the Home page because you're in a hurry to get here to the Forums, you might want to check out the new streamlined look...

Peace

Posted : 09/03/2004 3:17 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Saw this link this morning. Already doing some window shopping and noting future purchases.  ;D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 09/03/2004 3:45 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Yes i did see it and do like it. Watch out world! We WILL be in your back yard or if your not one of the lucky ones your neighbors back yard!

Posted : 10/03/2004 3:24 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Checked out the store. Some good stuff in there. One concern I have is that the store is just to help support the site like stated, ( "While the lessons on GuitarNoise.com are totally free we have opened this online store to cover the costs of maintaining such a generous website." ), and not to turn Guitar Noise into another pay site. That would stink. Sorry, I'm always alittle bit suspicious of "the man" coming in and ruining all our fun. Anyways, how about adding a link to the store for people who just want to make donations? Just a thought.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/03/2004 1:58 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You know it's funny, but if people paid some small amount for lessons, like less than $5 US, or donated monthly, we wouldn't have the issue of raising money.

Not only that but you could free up people to only write lessons, increasing the frequency and quality.

It's got nothing to do with the man.  It has to do with people realizing that nothing this good will last forever without your support.

But you know, if you can get guitar teachers to start giving free lessons, string companies to just give 'em away, Martin to stop charging for their guitars, you let me know.

Posted : 10/03/2004 3:43 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Wow! A bit of a tinge of sarcasm there Nick. I've been coming to Guitar Noise for quite a while, and only recently started posting on the forums, but I didn't know that my opinions would be met with sarcastic remarks. If you see my last post, I didn't say that I didn't like the idea of the store, and  I even suggested a link for people to donate to help with the site. You guys are always saying how this is the best free guitar site, which I agree, free or not, and that it's run by a community of volunteers that just love music. I was just stating that I'd hate to see that change. Heck, I even responded to the "help wanted" section for the site to donate my time to help out. Guess I hit a nerve or something. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/03/2004 11:18 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

I think it's just you. But that's me...

If you've been visiting here a long time (and reading the forums) you'd understand that whenever something comes up on the site involving payment, all of a sudden people freak out for no reason. "The man" you refer to in your post ("coming in and ruining our fun") can only mean the guy who runs the site, after all. How do you think that makes him feel?

Trouble is, that this isn't a free site. It may be free to us but Paul pays to have it up every day.  And at some point in the future, who knows what will happen to this place? Wouldn't it be grand if all of us could figure out a way to keep it going, so that guitarists years from now will have the same fun we're having?

I'm glad that you've volunteered and I think that's a great way to help out. I'm looking forward to all of us working together to make this an even better place.

Peace

Posted : 10/03/2004 11:44 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I apologize if my reference to "the man" was taken the wrong way. I didn't intend it as an insult to anyone, especially Paul. I think he's great, and everyone who volunteers at GN does a great job. Maybe because so many people have "freaked out" in the past, my comments where taken a bit too literally, and people's responses where a bit too defensive. I apologize for any hard feelings my comments may have made.
Peace back at ya.

Posted : 11/03/2004 12:58 am
(@schecky2)

Believe me, I love free stuff and am not looking for places to spend more money.  

But the site is excellent and the lessons are superb.
So if contributions are needed- I have no problem coughing up a few pennies (it may mean cutting down on some of that expensive coffee).  

My only concern about this site is that a few years from now every guitarist I meet will only know, Horse with No Name", For What its Worth, Feelin Alright, Three Marlenas etc.....

Posted : 11/03/2004 1:03 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to lambast you.  Touchy subject.

My apologies.

Don't feel singled out though, I am Mr. Sarcasm.

Nick

Posted : 11/03/2004 1:22 am
(@jbehar)
Trusted Member

I am Mr. Sarcasm.

OK, you'll be hearing from my lawyer in the morning...According to all my friends I'm Mr. sarcasm, and I'm not giving up the title without a fight

Posted : 11/03/2004 1:28 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

schecky2, I don't think that you understand as far as the whole horse with no name ect. bit. IF this site were to keep going on there will be more indepth lessons but, then again it IS a site for everybody espesily beginers. Because with out beginers there wouldn't be a great site out there like this one. There would be a bunch of old people talking about what crazy music is being made now-a-days(sorry if i offended anyone). Basically i mean you HAVE to start somewhere and the lessons which you said yourself are great. And also i myself have learned alot in the forums! You can not disagree with that.

Posted : 11/03/2004 1:51 am
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

My only concern about this site is that a few years from now every guitarist I meet will only know, Horse with No Name", For What its Worth, Feelin Alright, Three Marlenas etc.....

I doubt that will be a problem. As you probably know, David's lessons are more geared toward learning something specific and how to apply it to your playing not just that particular song.  David has many songs in his lessons that I don't care to know how to play. But, many of the techniques, etc. I've picked up from each one have all come in handy at some point. Not to mention the simple but needed confidence boost when you get something right.

Most player's will learn what they can from these lessons and move on to songs more suited to them. Hopefully, they'll be able to apply what they learned, and then can share it with us or someone else that needs the help.

just my .02 pennies
;D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 11/03/2004 1:54 am
(@schecky2)

"My only concern about this site is that a few years from now every guitarist I meet will only know, Horse with No Name", For What its Worth, Feelin Alright, Three Marlenas etc..... "

That was a joke.

I am a beginner myself.

Posted : 11/03/2004 2:11 am
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

ahh. Sorry. Oh well no harm, no foul.  ;D

Group hug..but don't touch my guitar.  ;) :P

Posted : 11/03/2004 2:13 am
Page 1 / 4