This post is for Dogbite to read, well anyone can read it

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Dogbite,
I noticed you were located out of Minneapolis, I go to school here, and currently live here 9 months out of the year. I have been looking to join a band/start one whatever, but I don't know where to start. It doesn't necessarily have to be a college band. Do you know what I could do, do you know the local scene well? Any help would be great. Hey this post goes to anyone in Minneapolis too. Thanks.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

Posted : 12/12/2005 6:57 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I'm going to move you down to "Gigs and Jams" -- that's the place to look for jamming partners. You might want to use the PM feature to contact individual members.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 12/12/2005 7:22 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

michhill8

There are a couple of things you can do to find people who want to start a band. You can go to local music shops and post an ad. Most have bulletin boards and allow ads like this. You could even take out an ad in the local newspapers. There are also musician searches. I found my current band on Harmony Central. They have a search by zip-code. I found 3 groups looking for a guitarist/vocalist within 25 miles of my home and that is in a small town. You would probably find many more in a large city like Minneapolis. Also, hit the open mics in your area. There should be many. It is easy to find musicians looking to form a band at open mics.

Here is the Harmony Central Musican Search

Harmony Central Musician Search

And here is an Open Mic search by zip as well.

Open Mikes Org

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 12/12/2005 7:29 pm
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Hey thanks Wes.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

Posted : 12/12/2005 9:11 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

here I am. I sent you a PM.

lots of great players around here. probably alot of opportunities to start something.
actually, I am interested.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 13/12/2005 1:51 pm