Clear all

Tigers Win! Tigers Win!

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter

As a die-hard fan of the Baltimore Orioles (yeah, I know we stink), It is good to see that Detroit beat New York. Two reasons : It can be done by a team with a long history of losing, and plainly, simply The Yankees LOOOOSSSTTTT!!!!!!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 07/10/2006 10:26 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL! We have a similar thing going on over this side of the pond - as a Liverpool fan, it was so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet to beat Chelsea in the Champions Cup in 05 and the FA Cup this year - but I love it when anyone beats Chelsea!!!!

Hope the Orioles continue to shock you.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 07/10/2006 10:44 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well, I don't know how the Baltimore Orioles will do next year, but I won't mind pulling for the Detroit Tigers for the rest of this season.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 07/10/2006 10:48 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

The curse of A-Rod!!!

Posted : 07/10/2006 11:18 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Yay Tigers!! Very impressive after the last few seasons/years they've had. Being a Cub's fan, I can relate! And to the New York Yankees: "Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, GOODBYE!!! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/10/2006 1:16 am
(@jmaikos)
Eminent Member

The only solace I have as a Yankee fan is that the Red Sox choked during the regular season and didn't even make the playoffs. Although, nothing beats watching Yanks vs. Red Sox in October. Oh well...there's always next year.

As for Detroit, they wanted it more than the yanks and as such, played much better than the supposed "greatest lineup of all time". It goes to show (as always), pitching and defense always win in the post season.

Posted : 08/10/2006 8:05 pm
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Being a Pirates fan,(shh... don't let anyone know) I'm rooting for Detroit because of the best manager in baseball, Jim Leyland! He actually was coaching his son in a pony league near my home here in Beaver county before the Tigers signed him.

It's good to be able to watch a small market team do good and feel that connection to them, I know that probabily most of Pittsburgh is rooting for them too.

He was the Pirates manager the last time they were any good!

By the way, Good Luck Detroit and GO STEELERS! :twisted:

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 10/10/2006 5:12 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Sad about the Yanks, though I stopped following baseball after Paul O'Niel and that crew left the game in 2001. Mom is from Detroit, was an interesting final game to watch with her :lol:

Anywho, the Yanks havn't had the heart that is needed to win since 2001. Goodluck to the Tigers.

P.S. I loved how that game ended. Jorge Posada hits a 2 run homer in classic october Yankee fashion. A-Rod?....Grounds out and the game is over.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 11/10/2006 1:15 am