Clear all

Today's Stupid Deal of the Day...

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

...at Musician's Friend is a DVD on "Bass Basics" for $6.99 + shipping. Might be a useful thing for a beginning bass player, along with a copy of our own David Hodge's outstanding book The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Bass Guitar.
Link to David's book: http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Playing-Guitar/dp/1592573118/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214433331&sr=8-1

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 25/06/2008 9:36 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I haven't used Bass Basics or any emedia product, but wow - we're coming up on the two-year anniversary of David's book, as well as my review on Amazon (the first one that appears there.) 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 26/06/2008 12:36 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I don't know about deal of the day - it'd cost me more for shipping! Then again, I do have a copy of TCIGTBG and it's a goldmine of information - and written in the same easy going style as David's lessons. I've learned a lot already - now all I need is a new bass guitar!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/06/2008 1:13 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I don't have a bass, still, I love reading dhodge's book. Just gives me the inspiration to play (might be his autograph...and cool signatures) !

Posted : 26/06/2008 4:02 pm