Clear all

TR's disasterous couple of weeks

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It started out by replacing a toilet on the weekend. For some reason the previous owners of the house has epoxied the covers onto the closet flange bolts. (Things that bolt it to the floor) No problem. I just took the hammer to it. The toilet was broken anyhow. Did you know they make knive blades out of ceramic? Toilets too! I was not careful enough and got a nasty laceration on my left index finger. No guitar for one week plus. I was installing the new better functioning toilet for a reason. Friday came and since I'm 50 it was time for my routine screening colonoscopy. This came with a Thursday bowel prep of course. This actually went pretty well. They removed 8 pollyps. On Wednesday the next week took my wife to Canada to see her favorite band Finger Eleven in a club in Ottawa. It was her Christmas present from our kids. Had a wonderful dinner, great show and on the way home hit a giant buck on 416 south of Ottawa and destroyed the entire front end of my truck. $5,000 damage. But wait ...... it gets better. The next night I started with post polypectomy lower gastrointestinal bleeding. (That means I started pooping large amounts of blood for you lay people) Dropped a couple grams of hemoglobin in a few hours. Luckily I'm pretty healthy and run a really healthy blood count so it was not life threatening but did earn me a couple days in the hospital. It stopped on it's own as they often do and here I am back home with my guitars. Bottom line ..... things could be alot worse. Life is good and I'm a lucky man. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 23/01/2011 8:31 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

EEK! Thats a nightmare! Very glad to hear that you are ok now, and you and your family escaped unscathed from the buck incident..

Hopefully that will be your run of 3, and you've got the bad things out of the way now for the rest of year.

Here's to 2011 getting better and better :D

Posted : 23/01/2011 8:47 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thank you and yes, 3 is good. :lol: At first I thought, oh no ..... there is 2 what next? Then I remembered cutting my finger. 3! That was 3 I exclaimed. :lol:

Posted : 23/01/2011 9:09 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Ah....there's nothing like a constant supply of good luck......I know you've heard it before, but when it rains it pours.

Posted : 23/01/2011 10:17 pm
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Hang in there. And, um...next time you want a deer, just get a shotgun and a license, okay? :roll:

Happy fiftieth, and good luck getting back to the guitar.

Ande

Posted : 24/01/2011 1:05 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yikes that doesn't sound like fun. I have toilet issues myself that I need to deal with. I can relate about the deer thing got one myself about 10 years ago. Pretty much totaled the Toyota Celica I was driving. Deer flew right over the top of the car.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 24/01/2011 2:18 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Ummm. Wow.

Upside: you were driving a truck and it wasn't a moose.

Look after yourself.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 24/01/2011 4:43 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

TR, best wishes for a speedy recovery and continued good luck!

Jim

Posted : 25/01/2011 7:31 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I'm glad you're ok, but you should never use a truck to hunt deer. The impact totally ruins the meat, and might dent the truck up a bit too . . .

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 25/01/2011 8:26 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Oh it dents it up all right! :lol:

Posted : 26/01/2011 7:51 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Could've been worse - the deer could have hit your toilet while you were on it and the truck could have have run into the man cave. So cheer up TR, you got away lightly!

On a serious note, glad you're OK - better a dented truck than a dented guitarist, right? And like Apache said, at least you've got all this year's bad luck out of the way pretty early. Things can only get better!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/01/2011 11:53 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Oh you're right there Vic. The truck thing was nothing as we were OK. The bleeding could have ended bad. Best case scenerio ....... stops on it's own ... and it did. List of options ......... colonoscopy .... bowel resection ..... colostomy .... death. I did good. I drove by the shop. The truck is inside. Got a letter telling me the deer wasn't going to pay the deductable of $100. I'm like, really? :lol: Guess they have to do it but still funny. I assume if it had been a private citizen they would have been responsable to cover my deductable. It's a 7 year old truck. Scratches, peeling paint, will be better than new. No frame damage. It's a full sized American truck with a V8 engine. Poor deer didn't stand a chance. It just exploded all the plastic ornamentation on the front is all. By far I am the most grateful my colon is behaving. A truck isn't much use if you are dead. :mrgreen:

Posted : 27/01/2011 2:46 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

glad to hear all is well. cut fingers heal, truck parts have replacements. good thing you don't need a replacement for your bottom end. those are nasty.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 27/01/2011 2:17 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Oh man, that all stinks on ice. Hopefullly this is it for you this year. I'm glad you're getting better and better. Those deer up there are big, too. Nothing like the oversized Bambis that plague us down here. I did a trifecta one year. One Spring, in fact. I nailed one with each vehicle in the family. Mine, Mom's and Dads. That's been a long time, though.

So, continue to get better, eh!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 27/01/2011 2:57 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

The Bambi I hit was like the one at the end of the movie. :lol: I am fortunate. That is the first time for me and I have been driving up here a long time. Had to go to Canada to do it too! I figured it out though. Here I drive the same back roads all the time. I know where every deer crossing is and I slow up and watch for them. There have been many close calls. You slam on your brakes, all the stuff you have in the vehicle flies to the front and slams into the dash and you curse the deer as they run off.

Posted : 28/01/2011 10:45 am
Page 1 / 2