Twist of Fate- June 12 Goshen Ct.

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

At last.

After not playing out for almost a year (last gig was 7/3/04), my new band Twist of Fate is finally gigging! Our first gig is scheduled for Sunday, June 12th at the Goshen Fairgrounds in Goshen Ct. That is located at the intersections of Route 4 and Route 63.

This is a freebie. The event is to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War. Our bass player Dom spent two tours there. Boy, has he got some stories.

There will be many veterans there, but everyone is welcome. Admission is free. I do not know all the details, but you will probably have to pay for meals. There are 3 bands scheduled to play. We go on 2nd in the 1 PM to 3 PM slot.

So anybody in the area, please come on out!

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 05/06/2005 11:41 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Even though I'm to your right, state wise, it's still too far for me. Its weird saying that, being where I'm from but, it's true for me unfortunately.

What's the closest you gig to me?

Posted : 06/06/2005 1:31 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tracker

You are in Rhode Island? We are in the Northwest Corner. It's about 25 miles to New York going west and 15 miles to Massachusetts going north.

This is our first gig since I joined the band last October. We have another local gig in July. So we haven't been playing anywhere yet.

We are just gonna go out and get the jobs. We will probably get over to Hartford and that area. That's what? Maybe 50 miles away? If someone is willing to pay us well, we will travel, so maybe I'll get out your way sometime. I'll let you know.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 06/06/2005 2:54 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Yea, Hartford is a lot closer than Goshen.

Have fun with your new band and have fun at your first gig with them. I'll have to wait to see if you post a review after the show.

Posted : 06/06/2005 11:47 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wes,

Good luck if I was up there I'd come check you out, maybe next time

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/06/2005 3:47 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys.

Chris

Next time you are up let me know. There is a nice Open Mic going in my area on Thursdays. We'll have to get up there together!

Wes

Posted : 06/06/2005 5:27 pm
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

Hey Wes!
Been I a while since I heard from you!!!
I've been looking for some of your great info.
Welcome back!! 8)

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

Posted : 08/06/2005 2:14 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Actually Wes, I might be up next week but only for a day. A good friend of mine passed away last week. He died in his sleep he was 50 I think.

I still can't beleive it. He was a bartender at the Websterand they may have a benefit for him there next Thursday. If they do I'll probably come up for that.

For some reason his mother had him cremated and took him with her to Florida so there isn't going to be a funeral or anything.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 08/06/2005 2:43 pm