Clear all

Unexpected Surprise

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Well my last guitar teacher was a teacher at a local interamericana university but he got fired ( apparently because he failed too many students for the private university's taste ) so he was moving to Florida with his wife and stuff.

So I took my last class a few weeks ago, and he told me we could continue via internet when he got settled in. So thursday I received a txt saying that he had left some stuff for me at his dad's ( my first guitar teacher ). SO i went there just kinda expecting some book or something. So when I got there he had a UPS box with my name on it and when I picked it up it was kinda heavy :O.

So yeah he gave me a Crybaby Wah, the real deal, a RP 100 effect thing ( which has some awesome sounds and some crap sounds :P,, I'll take the good and leave the bad, and keep experimenting with it ), 7 lines ( one loong one 4 short ones and 2 little ones to hook the Wah and effect board together). A universal AC adapter ( with like 6 different plugs o.o ), a Method for Jazz Guitar for chord melody from Jody Fisher, a blank music notebook, and the box with my name.

How super frickin awesome is that?

All that for free! I always thought he didn't like me, he's a kind of cold guy, hard to read, but dang he must've liked me and thought I had potential, why else would he give me all that stuff ??

He could've just sold it all to get like 300 bucks ( more or less ) but he gave it to me, wow!

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 02/10/2010 4:50 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

You are one lucky dude!

Posted : 02/10/2010 5:38 pm
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

Congratulations. He must have been a swell guy. :) Very pleased for you.

Take care,

Casey

Posted : 02/10/2010 6:03 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats. Enjoy!

Posted : 02/10/2010 7:16 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Congrats that amazing!! Enjoy your stuff!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 02/10/2010 9:59 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Yeah! That's fantastic - he obviously thought you'd put it to good use :D

Posted : 03/10/2010 7:20 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

That is very cool indeed. You know it's funny sometimes how you can't read a person. They may seem cold, but you never know what's going on with them. I had a boss once that was very cold and demanding. Everyone hated him, then we found out he had a severely handicapped daughter and his wife had terminal cancer. Nobody had a clue. After that we saw him in a whole different light.

Jim

Posted : 03/10/2010 3:29 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! Do the gear honor. :P

Seriously, that's quite a nice parting gift. Says a lot about both of yooze. Rock on!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/10/2010 10:31 am