Ungig report- shut down.

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Days like this, I'm glad I'm a teacher. (Not a guitar teacher.) Cause it's good to have a day job.

The studio where we rehearse is owned by a guy that also owns a small bar. THey have live music a few times a month, and we've just become one of their "house bands."

Which is why I'm gutted to hear, early this morning, that the owner is behind on all bills, basically bankrupt, and is giving up, selling off, and leaving the country. Studio closed. Bar closed. Regular gig, gone.

I guess I'll stop by their this eve and see if I can console myself by buying some of his gear at reduced rates.

:-(

Ande

Posted : 22/02/2011 11:00 pm
(@alangreen)

Well, you might still have a regular gig if you get in early and talk to the new owners when it sells.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 23/02/2011 6:38 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

And maybe if you do a deal with the present owner, you'll have some gear to sell to the new owner.......

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 23/02/2011 7:46 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Or just buy the bar and use it as practice space...

Seriously, that's a bummer.

Posted : 23/02/2011 7:00 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yea that sux big time.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 23/02/2011 7:48 pm
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I hope the bar changes hands "as is." It's sort of run down, though, and the tendency in this neighborhood would be for it to close for a while for remodeling...

I went down to see the guy yesterday evening- have to say that for a guy who says "Must sell, this week only" he's asking an awful lot for his amps.

Tonight's mission is to go drinking in ALL the music bars in the neighborhood, and see who might have a free night going...

Anybody want to come?

Best,
Ande

Posted : 24/02/2011 1:32 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Lets go!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 24/02/2011 3:30 am