Clear all

Where have I been?

26 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
16.9 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well I can say is, have a great Xmas Bish, and same goes for you Chris! Let's hope we're all around and still rockin' next Xmas, eh?

:-) :-) :-)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/12/2013 12:32 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Vic, have you gotten back into writing? I hope you are having a better outlook these days. You've had a rough go and I admire the strength and determination you've shown.

Happy holidays to you, my friend!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 22/12/2013 5:53 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic, I'm planning on it I feel a bit like Keith Richards now coming back from the dead, he must have done it about 10x already..lol

Anyway Merry Christmas guys and have a very Happy New Year!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 24/12/2013 5:45 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Vic, have you gotten back into writing? I hope you are having a better outlook these days. You've had a rough go and I admire the strength and determination you've shown.

Happy holidays to you, my friend!

Yep, back to writing again....already posted more songs in the SSG this year than the whole of last year! Maybe they're not quite that good yet, but I'm actually enjoying writing again....and, watch this space, a certain Mr Hodge may have an announcement to make in the next few days! Already had one bit of really lovely news a couple of days ago, things are really looking up - and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?
Vic, I'm planning on it I feel a bit like Keith Richards now coming back from the dead, he must have done it about 10x already..lol!

So glad you did, Chris, I KNEW there was a bit of Keef in you somewhere! Keep on rockin' mate....:-)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/01/2014 8:58 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Bish! It's been a long time my friend. Glad to hear you're on your feet. Even playing. Excellent. All the best for the brand new year here from Oslo!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 02/01/2014 12:50 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey, everyone.

Wow, what a year.

Changed jobs. Added another grand child. Sold off almost all of my hand built guitars. Traded off 3 of my prize drum sets.

What have I done all summer? Bought my third Harley and got lost in the wind. See link to image of new bike.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/B ... a78a8c.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well.

Bish

Posted : 01/11/2014 12:50 am
(@davidhodge)

Not to worry, sir! A nameless moderator will take care of the duplicate post. Maybe even before this one gets posted.

Good to hear from you and very cool bike.

Looking forward to more news, guitar or otherwise! Just good to know you're doing okay.

And do feel free to post on Vic's post anyway! He'll probably appreciate it.

Peace

Posted : 01/11/2014 11:45 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, David.

I'm embarrassed to say but I had left out one very large detail.

I lost my mom back in August. Let me just say when someone has a DNR it is probably the worst way to let someone go.

She had been rushed to ER on a Tuesday afternoon around 1 PM. She was unresponsive and not breathing. The hospital did what they could for her due to not being aware of the DNR. After 24 hours she had never regained consciousness and my brother and myself had to convince my dad that we needed to let her go.

Within 10 minutes of removing all life support, she passed.

She willed her body to Science Care so there was no funeral other than the immediate family had a celebration of life memorial and dinner a week later.

I guess that is part of the reason why it doesn't seem there is much closure. When she passed, we were done with the body. They started prepping for the local funeral home to come get her. We just went home numb.

My dad is 91. She passed the day before his birthday. Needless to say, his birthday was probably one of the saddest for him. She was 78. We all really thought dad would go first. WWII vets are tough cookies.

Anyway, all is good here.

Bish

Posted : 01/11/2014 1:08 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

My condolences, Bish. And welcome back... I guess everybody is on and off lately...

Posted : 04/11/2014 11:50 am
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Im so very sorry for your loss. Ive lost both parents in the last 5 years, and understand what your going through. I still have the email my dad sent the day before he passed saying he had a good night and felt better. Just jumps back to not taking anyone for granted. It could be the last time you see them.

Paul B

Posted : 04/11/2014 3:01 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the kind responses, Nuno and Paul. Great to see you guys still posting.

Bish

Posted : 04/11/2014 5:54 pm
Page 2 / 2