Notifications
Clear all

XOX Audio Tools Limited Edition "The Handle" Guitar

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sivadydnar)
Topic starter

XOX Audio Tools is making these limited edition carbon fiber electric guitars called "The Handle" and they are auctioning off #100, the last of the limited edition, to benefit Guitars not Guns, a not for profit organization that I work with that provides guitars and guitar lessons to foster kids and at risk and disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada. Check it out. It is pretty amazing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=320242911060&Category=2384

Posted : 22/04/2008 7:56 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

We got off on the wrong foot here and rather than any member thinking I'm publicly chastising them, or disagreeing with them politically I deleted the posts. Sorry, no offense intended.

I checked out the site and they seem to be a program that offers after school guitar related programs to at risk kids. I really tried to be as neutral as I could to see if the site was politically motivated, and in my opinion the site is what it says it is. That's why it's back.

So don't jump to conclusions. Go read the website if you have questions about this charity.

http://www.guitarsnotguns.org/

From their FAQ:

Question: Are you an anti gun organization?

Answer: No. We are against gun violence in schools and on the streets and offer an alternative.

You may not like the name, but from my reading and IMHO they aren't an anti-gun organization, just a charity looking to provide alternatives to violence in schools, be it fists, knives, baseball bats, tazers, bricks, rocks or guns.

You make a big enough donation to them, I'm sure they'd be happy to change the name. Donald Trump, are you listening?

....besides, it's a cool looking guitar and this charity, whatever their name, has their heart in the right place. Don't believe me? Go read...look at the programs, look at what they do, try to get past the name.

You all know how hard we try to keep politics and religion off the site, (I wanted to include Kurt Cobain discussions but was over-ruled :D ) If you disagree with my assessment, feel free to drop me a line and let me know why. Better yet, why don't you write yourself a protest song about the government trampling on your rights, or certain lobbies having politicians in their hip pockets....even better, go find some local opportunity where you can volunteer your time, maybe even teaching kids to play guitar.... :D

Posted : 29/04/2008 10:36 pm