Clear all

Yamaha P70 at Terrific Price to help with guitar

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I know this is not a keyboard/piano forum, but some of you might be like me and play both. I took piano lessons many years ago, and have kind of picked it up on my own lately - and it has helped me tremendously with my guitar.

Anyway, Guitar Center seems to be selling the Yamaha P70 (according to other re-sellers) below or at cost for $499, and there is a $50 rebate till the end of Jan 2008. So final price will be only $449 plus tax. The guy on the phone had to actually over-ride the normal $599 price. Here is the link:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-P70-Contemporary-Digital-Piano-103573713-i1154966.gc

I just received mine last week, and it feels and sounds to me exactly like an acoustic piano (I have an accoustic piano in our other home). For those that don't know, it has the "feel of a real piano." It seems perfect for home use (to heavy to travel with in my opinion). It is plenty loud enough for home use. It does have several other voices (instrucments) but I only interested in the piano ones.

Hope this helps if anyone in the market for a good deal on a quality item.

Posted : 07/01/2008 10:55 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It's a great instrument. There's a P120 at my parent's place and it is a joy to play. The only downside, IMHO, is the pedaling. Like all digitals there are only three positions for the pedal, on, off and semi-pedalling. The internal computer can't handle the values in between. So that takes out some neat swelling tricks and such an accoustic piano has, but really, how often do you really need them? A insane price for a great instrument, anyone thinking about starting or getting a digital for late-night practicing should get one right away. :D

Small sidenote: this is a digital piano, not a master keybord. It has some funky MIDI quirks like limited velocity values being send (capped around 120 instead of 127) which is anoying if you plan to use external samplers.

Posted : 08/01/2008 5:39 pm
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Just an update on this Yamaha P70. I got it within about 4 days of ordering it, and it came in perfect shape.

And, I love this keyboard. Its very loud for home use, and a joy to play - just wish I had gotton one a few years sooner as it is really helping me with my guitar work.

Posted : 20/01/2008 9:26 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Wow, that's full-size there. Not used to seen that may keys!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 20/01/2008 9:59 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Some sort of keyboard is a terrific thing to have around! Mine is a big old Hammond H-182 organ.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 21/01/2008 12:30 am
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Beautiful!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 21/01/2008 6:46 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Man, Rico, that is gorgeous. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 21/01/2008 3:14 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Not as portable as the Yammie, though!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."