Clear all

Yuck!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So I get invited to speak to a high school guitar class, and perform a bit...

It's the earliest gig I've ever had. Nobody's ever asked me to perform before 8am! No warmup time or space... the first time I've ever played without at least some practice time that day, and I've got a sprained ring finger to boot from a home improvement project. Oh well, on with the show.

I'm trying to think of the last time I played so badly. I'm trying to avoid coming to the conclusion of 'never', but that's sure what it feels like. No coordination at all.

So if you were one of the unfortunate folks who caught me at the HS in Glen Ellyn this morning, my apologies. I don't really play like that :)

If you drop me an e-mail with the name of the school and the guitar class teacher, I'll send you an autographed copy of my book to make up for my poor showing.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 12/05/2005 6:15 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Glenbard High School and for the life of me I can't remember the teachers name but have it narrowed down to one of these.

TOMPA, JENNIFER
WOJTOWICZ, ELLEN
HENGESH, MARK
ORTEGA, WILLIAM
BOWLING, THOMAS
LINDEBLAD, MARK
SKIZAS, STEPHANIE
DEWALD, BRIAN

Do I win :?:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 12/05/2005 7:00 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

By the way, just because you didn't feel good about the performance does not mean they did.

We tend to be a lot more critical of ourselves especially when there is someone knowledgeable about music around.

DMusic Samples

Posted : 12/05/2005 7:33 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Hey, I guess I did not win the autographed book :lol:

DMusic Samples

Posted : 18/05/2005 2:27 pm
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

By the way, just because you didn't feel good about the performance does not mean they did.

We tend to be a lot more critical of ourselves especially when there is someone knowledgeable about music around.

I'm always pessimistic when I play in front of my friends or parents....

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 21/05/2005 3:45 pm