Clear all

Open Jam for May

41 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
15.8 K Views
(@mrjazzclassicalmetalshred)
Trusted Member

I got my part, I'll probably record it tonight or tomorrow. At the latest this weekend.

Album progress:15%

Posted : 24/05/2005 10:22 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

ok, thanks for the updates.

Great, now I'm picturing Noah standing outside the movie theatre dressed as a stromtooper. :lol:

Posted : 24/05/2005 11:38 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member

ok, thanks for the updates.

Great, now I'm picturing Noah standing outside the movie theatre dressed as a stromtooper. :lol:

The book. From what I am hearing of the movie there is a bunch missing. Which is funny since the book is supposed to be based on the movie...but then they cut a bunch out for some stupid reason.

Besides, I would be Vader. :lol:

Posted : 25/05/2005 12:00 am
Trusted Member

Ok i got mine recorded, but I'm gonna edit it a litle bit. It'll probably be up by tomorrow.[/img]

Posted : 25/05/2005 8:50 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Excellent. Looking forward to hearing it.

Posted : 25/05/2005 11:56 pm
Trusted Member

o wait a sec....i gotta get that up. Be back in a minute with my part.

Posted : 26/05/2005 11:34 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hey guys, still haven't got any tracks from you guys. :cry:

Mine kinda sucks, oh well, I played it, like four days after I started to move out of pentatonics. I haven't even played thru my new patterns, once, without a mistake. So, It is just kinda random notes, hehe. Learning is fun.

If you are having troubles, here are the chords to the track. The 1st part is C9(11) hammer on to C, E7#9, A. The second part is switching back and forth from C to A. 100BPM.

Posted : 28/05/2005 1:04 am
Trusted Member

Mines not that great, improved, first take. Gotta get the file off the other computer, I'll email it to you now. By the way, do you want the audicity file or the MP3? If you don't respond I'll just send you both.

Posted : 28/05/2005 3:43 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Just the mp3 files, thanks

Posted : 28/05/2005 4:51 pm
Trusted Member

Email'd

Posted : 28/05/2005 7:44 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member

Hey guys, still haven't got any tracks from you guys. :cry:

I've been really busy and had some trouble with the computer. One of the tabs on my CPU heatsink mount broke and the whole fan and sink fell off. The computer luckily has a self shutdown upon overheat, and it started shutting off all the damn time till I looked at it. It seems to be still hanging on, but I am worried...it really should be pulling at all sides but one tab is missing now so...

Anyway, I hope to get to all my jams and collabs this weekend. Sometime soon I am going to California for training so I have to get this stuff finished.

I'll be in Santa Ana btw, if anyone wants to meet and maybe hang out.

Posted : 28/05/2005 9:52 pm
Trusted Member

I've been working on it today, but I'm having a tough time coming up with ideas.

Just get a scale you like and improvise on it, that's how I record ALMOST everything.

Posted : 29/05/2005 7:18 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

MRJazzClassicalMetalShred, I got your mp3, sounds good. Can you send me one which includes the backingtrack, just so I can make sure your part lines up with the track correctly.

Noah, sorry to hear about your computer problems, what broke? the tabs on the motherboard, or on the actual heatsink?

Posted : 29/05/2005 9:34 pm
Trusted Member

Uhm...How do I do that? I played with the trak in the background.....I am confused?

Posted : 29/05/2005 10:51 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi MRJazzClassicalMetalShred

What you gave me is just your guitar part, yes, that's what I wanted, but I also wanted another mp3, with both your guitar in the backingtrack togther. This helps me get your guitar in sync with the song.

I assume your are using Audacity to record with, which I don't have, so I can't give you a detailed answer.

But it likely works the same for every program. Import the backingtrack into audacity, import your recording, line them up. Export them together, and send me the mp3.

Hopefully this helps. I am terrible at explaining things :lol:

Maybe Noah's write up would help better
http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30219

Posted : 29/05/2005 11:40 pm
Page 2 / 3