Clear all

A Busy Week Ahead

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Just to rub it in, I've got two concerts and a hockey game to go to within the next week. :)

Saturday I'm going to see George Thorogood and the Destroyers with guest Cross Canadian Ragweed. Should be an excellent show.

Thursday, we are going to see Mellencamp. Not sure who the guest is, but I'm sure it will be an excellent show as well.

Next Saturday, we are going to Nashville to watch the Blues kick Nashville's butt in hockey! Ok, probably not, but we'll see someone get their butts handed to them!

Busy week! :P

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Dunno much about the hockey, but I do know I'd love to see George Thorogood (how many times have I been told to get a haircut and get a real job....it's almost my theme tune!)....wish he'd do a British tour....wouldn't mind seeing JCM either, I still love "Jack and Diane" "Small Town" and R-o-c-k in the USA.....surprisingly, he never dented the singles chart over here, but the afore-mentioned songs got a LOT of airplay, as did others.....

Have a good week, should be a lot of fun!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

What's really strange, is that Evansville hasn't gotten many good, well known acts in town for many years. We were always very lucky if a big act made it to town. The last year or two it seems we've been getting a ton of big names. I'm not complaining. I just hope these shows sell many tickets so the trend continues.

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Sounds like a good weekend Crank. George Thorogood was here a few years back I believe.

I'd have to put my money on the Predators though man, they don't really loose a whole lot this year.

Enjoy it!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Next Saturday, we are going to Nashville to watch the Blues kick Nashville's butt in hockey! Ok, probably not, but we'll see someone get their butts handed to them!

Busy week! :P

And the Buffalo Sabres will trash BOTH teams! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Just to rub it in, I've got two concerts and a hockey game to go to within the next week. :)

Aww, you poor guy!

Have fun!!

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

George Thorogood's a fun performer. I'll bet you'll enjoy his show. I saw Cross Canadian Ragweed 2 1/2 years or so ago opening for ZZ top, and liked them.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The concert last night kicked butt! Cross Canadian Ragweed and George put on a heck of a show.

I felt a little bad for CCR though. For some stupid reason, the cops were telling people to sit down! CCR made several comments like "It's a rock concert, you can stand up" obviously not aware that sherriff's were going around telling people to sit.

Of cource once George came out, everyone in the place stood and pretty much stayed that way. He seems to still know how to work the crowd and his performance was top notch.

Really glad I got to see them.

Jason

ReplyQuote