Clear all

A sad night for Roy.

33 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have oficially retired from baseball both as manager and player. One of the loves in my life is gone. <sniff sniff>

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Always tough to leave a love behind, but is there a silver lining - more time for guitar?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Sad day Roy, I remember how much it meant to you. :cry:

Hope you can use the time in other ways that will help keep your health and fitness up a bit, and also give you some enjoyment.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Sorry to hear that, Roy. :(

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Why?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Aw, baseball is awesome. Especially the Yankees. :D
*hides from Dali Lima*

Sorry to hear that, Roy.
I have been told that when you give something up, it is good to fill that void with something else. So maybe more time for the guitar or some other hobby.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@trevor)
Trusted Member

Welcome to the retirees club Roy

Its' darn to give it away { sport that is }

You could always do what I do mate

I am a professional observer ...But I don't get paid for watching every game ....

My game was Rugby League in Australia .. have always hated this time of year always will as League don't start up till March

Stay strong ( maybe you can squeeze in a little guitar time now lol )

Cheers

Trevor

.........double space ..........

I am aso known as Barnabus Rock ...Hilch ....ummmm yeah thats it

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

rparker has left the stadium....... :cry:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

That's a shame :(

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That's a shame Roy - like Trevor said, it's hard to face the day when you have to give it up. I played cricket well into my forties, as a fast bowler - realised I hadn't got it any more when the wicket keeper (analogy - the catcher in baseball who stands behind the batter) was standing up to the stumps instead of twenty yards back. Asked him what he thought he was doing, he replied "I always stand up for the medium pacers...."

Still, it's not as if there's a shortage of sports on TV....but it's just not the same watching is it!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear that. :( For what it's worth, one of the things that made me start playing the guitar was my doctor telling me I'd be a fool to continue playing. Before then I'd never guessed it but I like music atleast as much as football now.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Thats too bad Roy. I gave up basketball and fast pitch because of an injury and picked up guitar to have something going on besides Karate. Like Mitch said, you can have more time for guitar now.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, it wasn't that hard a decision to make. Every Sunday from April thru October plays a toll on one's knees. That, and they lowered the minimum age meaning I'd be playing against kids in their lower 30's.

As far as replacement hobby, it's already in place. My motorcycle. In fact, I was just out riding now. Nothing like the twist of the throttle to take one's mind of their woes. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

So Roy, do you really ride the bike like mentioned in your sig ? :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

know how you feel Roy. sorry to hear the announcement.
I injured a shoulder last summer and had to stop karate. I was six months from getting my black belt.

so.....can I have your hat? :wink:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3