16 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It's one of the few almost-accurate tests I'm aware of that can be done online:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/j/5/j5j/IPIP/

Takes about 10 minutes for the short version, 25 for the longer one but the results should be quite similar. Really interesting little test, maybe some of you'll agree.

EDIT
this should be in the opinion/poll section, no idea how it ended up here. Any mod around?

(@davidhodge)

this should be in the opinion/poll section, no idea how it ended up here. Any mod around?
Consider it done.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

That is a pretty cool test.

Unfortunately it is very acurate and and straightforward.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I took the 300 question test.......... the results were:

Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.

Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Your score on Neuroticism is low, indicating that you are exceptionally calm, composed and unflappable. You do not react with intense emotions, even to situations that most people would describe as stressful.

Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

I think it's mostly accurate. The score on Neuroticism surprised me....... I thought I was more neurotic than that! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

Cool stuff Arjen. Are you a psy Major?

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks David.

Max, it is definitely quite straightforward. Really confirmed my growing suspiscions that I might need to change my attitude. ;) No need to post results if you don't want to. :D

Djdubb: I'm working my way through the bachelor part of the study (no idea if it is the same system as in the US, here we have a bachelor period of three years followed by a master period of one or two years). I'm going to quite it though, too much stuff hapening in this field that I cannot accept and I've decided I wanted to get into the world of music.

Results of my 300-question test:

Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone. [61]

Your score on Agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others' needs Than with your own. People see you as tough, critical, and uncompromising. [28]

Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized. [0]

Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional. [78]

Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative. [98]

As always, it remains an online mini-test. It describes me quite well (espescially the subscores, which are a bit too long to post) but it could potentially be way off for you.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It describes me quite well (espescially the subscores, which are a bit too long to post) but it could potentially be way off for you.

I agree with you about the subscores, they described me quite well. Couldn't help but notice that, while we scored virtually the same in 'Extraversion' and 'Openness to Experience', we are just about polar opposites in every other aspect. Interesting..........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I did the test. I got a lot of big words I don't understand and:

Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.

Your score on Agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others' needs Than with your own. People see you as tough, critical, and uncompromising.

Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

Not sure if it's right or not.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

If my opinion counts ...

I feel human personality is too diverse and strangly exiting and ever changing to be ever classified into few groups.

Oh yes , i did gave this quiz or test or whatever you call it but i find it as arjen says - seriously a waste of time.

Also the questions repeat a lot in this test.Guess they are testing consistency or what? Personally i feel that this test brought out a lots of different questions but in the end i feel it would have been better not to give it :oops:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I never said it was a waste of time, as far as I can remember. And ofcourse you can classify it. There are over 40 million different colors, extremely diverse and exciting yet we invented words like blue and yellow. Music is extremely diverse yet we classify music as 'rock' 'jazz' or 'classical'. Personality, as far as the experts believe know, doesn't really change that much though. If you are a liberal, arguing and neurotic person now you'll score quite similar ten years from now.

Repeating questions is for a number of reasons. Statistically many people (even more so in certain regions in Asia, Japan being one) find it much harder to answer 'no' then 'yes', regardless of what is being asked. It also checks indeed for consistency: are you paying attention or just clicking? Finally it covers a wider are by changing the question just slightly. I've never seen a single serious tests that doesn't account for these situations by asking questions multiple times.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

in the end i feel it would have been better not to give it

Not sure what you are saying Rahul? You mean you would have been better off not taking it? Did you disagree with the answers? Get an answer that you didn't like?

I personally found the results pretty much sum up my personality. There are definite areas where I would like to be different, but it was correct for me at least.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I'm sure a lot of us have taken this test or similar ones as part of our evaluations at work or as part of a job interview. I did one last spring at work and was quite surprised at how accurately it described me. But when I mentioned the results to my manager, he said he doesn't hold much store with these tests. So the point of taking the test was......?

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Repeating questions is for a number of reasons. Statistically many people (even more so in certain regions in Asia, Japan being one) find it much harder to answer 'no' then 'yes', regardless of what is being asked. It also checks indeed for consistency: are you paying attention or just clicking? Finally it covers a wider are by changing the question just slightly. I've never seen a single serious tests that doesn't account for these situations by asking questions multiple times.
I noticed there was a question about being easily irritated in there multiple times... and that annoyed me :roll:

Overall I wasn't impressed to be honest - the questions didn't allow me to be specific enough and I found myself trying to second guess a lot of things so as not to skew the results.

For example: "do you think art is worthwhile?". Well, IMHO, 99% of modern art is just drivel, art critics just parrot the same waffle with no idea what they're talking about and both sides have made a living out of second-guessing each other. Music on the other hand, I'd consider art, and I cannot go a single day without music. I listen intently to music I like, really dissecting it and enjoying more than just the surface.

Where does that leave me on these questions? Do I put "disagree" because we're talking about modern art? "strongly agree" because music is included? or just put in "don't care" as an average? I can see good arguments for all three answers...

...That and the result didn't fit :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The answer would be: yes, I do consider art to be worthwile. The disclaimer that you only appreciate art you appreciate would not matter. You should only fill in 'no' if the entire concept of art in every shape and form just doesn't interest you. Normally one would be explained in advance how the test works, if you do these tests on your own then results can't really be compared since everyone could read the questions in different manners. Also remember that this is not to give an instant 100% accurate description of who you are, it's main function is to aid your doctor in diagnosing anything, the test on itself doesn't diagnose or state much at all.

But it's still fun I guess. If you have time to waste. :D

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Well, that's the answer I thought was most appropriate, I'm just saying I think it's too easy to give an answer that doesn't properly reflect your views.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2