Clear all

Awful Noise

19 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

A discovery. I can reduce the Window's input signal strentgh to a level low enough to not get the noise for even 5-10 minutes at a time. This is a change for the positive.

The downside is that it kills the wet dynamics of an overdriven patch enough so that it almost sounds clean. I can always apply Guitar Rig as a plug-in into Reaper and apply effect post recording. not useful for same time practicing, but it's something.

I emailed them and cc'd my local GC manager and basically stated that I'm giving up on the USB portion like I said in the previous post. My local GC manager emailed me back and told me to call him tomorrow (now today) and that he would "make it right". Wow! I declined due to the rest of the guitar being a real gem and don't want to risk getting something not quite so good. It's great to have that kind of service for once, though. Eli's always been good like that. I won't even push the "manager, give me a deal" card. I got my USA Strat and my Twin Reverb without seeking him out and asking for a discount. He's done way too much already.

I did mention, though, that I wish I had gotten something a little better than the RP255 for mobile purposes. I paid for the warranty, so he told me that I could turn it in and he'd work out a deal for a better one. Tempting. We'll see how that works out.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Wow, must be a nice guitar then. I'd be heading down there to trade for the best non USB guitar they would give me. We will have to hear it then ....... HINT!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The USB functionality lies within the same system that holds the Piezo part. I hope to be able to utilize (or exploit?) that part some day.

A recording is in order. After my current "project", which should be done and revealed very soon. :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Cool! Can't wait to hear it. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2