Clear all

Best amp for busking?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I am thinking about getting a battery powered amp for busking - it must have - a mic input as well as a guitar input.
I am also planning to get an acoustic guitar that has the ability to be plucked in via a jack,
I want to spend about £500 on both if that is possible.

Any advice?

Thanks again

together we stand, divided we fall..........

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

PiGnose

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

Pignose 7-100. Kind of a one trick pony but a real attention getter, and I like that one trick :D

You might want to check into the use of amplification on the streets in your area. Some cities prohibit it.
I prefer straight acoustic. I like to play my electrics at home but I hate dealing with mics, stands, cords, amps and batteries when I'm walking down the street picking a spot to play in. One gigbag and a couple of thre legged stools to sit on and I'm good.

Have fun.

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Does the pig nose have a separate thing so you can put in a mic on one input (with a volume) and a guitar on another? I have been looking at the roland street cube...... I know it has an XLR in and a jack input and two separate volumes. So does this pignose amp have that? Thanks again!

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

The 7-100 has nothing but an instrument jack and a volume knob. The volume knob is shaped like a pig nose though so you got that going for you. :lol:

I have heard some positive reviews of the Rolands but I don't have any first hand experience.

Jack

ReplyQuote