Notifications
Clear all

Bluesman guitar strat

17 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@davegrillo)
Topic starter  

Hi Has anyone ever heard of bluesman guitars? I bought a cheap one but plays quite well...I would love to have more infor but theres NOTHINg on the internat..probably its a lawsuit strat
david

(@gchord)
Reputable Member

Nope,can't say I've heard of them.If it plays good,sounds good to you,nothing else matters.

ReplyQuote
(@davegrillo)
Topic starter  

I agree though Im a beginner...thanks for the reply

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Same here, have not seen or heard of them in my travels, many stores, guitar shows & internet research. Sorry. :|

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@davegrillo)
Topic starter  

this is becoming a mystery:) Only a friend of mine from Malta who knew Leo Fender told me they were great guitars..but cant find anything about it!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

There are many house-brand guitars, most of which were built at Samick's factories in Korea. Another major contributor to the house-brand guitars is Cort.
Bluesman could well be one of those.

As for "law-suit" guitars, this is a very much misused term and there is a great deal of myth surrounding the whole thing. The whole Gibson/Ibanez thing never made it to court - and it was between two US companies, anyway. Perhaps someone can shed more light on it, but I'm pretty sure that the only real protagonist was Gibson - and that was restricted to the design of the headstock.

I don't think that Fender actually had any "lawsuit" guitars. Mind you, they were so impressed by the Japanese copies that, during the move to their new factory, Fenders Strats were made in Japan - the now very collectible JV Series.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member

I agree though Im a beginner...thanks for the reply

My current Strat,a 2000 MIM plays circles around the '78 hardtail MIA I once owned.I'm not a gear snob,or guitar brand snob.If it plays,and plays good,so be it.My motto has always been,"Better a good guitar player with a cheap guitar than a good guitar played by a poor player".I also had a Hondo II flying V,that played like butter.

ReplyQuote
(@davegrillo)
Topic starter  

thanks loads..this helps

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I completed my extended search, giving it my best shot in days, and couldn't find it, sorry. I take it as a 'personal cause' if there's a guitar out there that somebody wants to know about, and comes to this forum. It just wasn't there sorry. Many misleading leads, but no Bluesman Strat. :cry: I found a Bluesman amp - a first that I've seen? Interesting. :roll:

With Strats, I wouldn't be surprised if there have been thousands of clones. The most copied guitar ever. They don't all make it into the record books. Some didn't last long, just a quick pop or a quick buck for a music company usu 'Oriental'.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

There are Chinese dealers who'll put any name on the headstock you want, if you order a dozen guitars or so. Maybe I'll put out a Ricochet Reso one of these days. :mrgreen:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

There are Chinese dealers who'll put any name on the headstock you want, if you order a dozen guitars or so. Maybe I'll put out a Ricochet Reso one of these days. :mrgreen:

Rahul's Guitars...the finest in the industry... :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@davegrillo)
Topic starter  

I shall pu Grillo guitars:)
Actually my luthier found it in one of his encyclopedias. I also found the agent who used o ge them in Malta. Said tha hey were made in Italy..Luthier said its quite a good guitar...
Thanks loads Jay for the research!!

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

Actually my luthier found it in one of his encyclopedias. I also found the agent who used o ge them in Malta. Said tha hey were made in Italy..Luthier said its quite a good guitar...

Cool! More info, please! When were they made? Is the manufacturer still in business?

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@davegrillo)
Topic starter  

dont have much more..He said that he imported hem from Italy and they are late 70's early 80's..let me know if you find anything else too:)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

If they came from Italy, then Eko is probably the company to be looking at.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2