Notifications
Clear all

Boss ME-50 vs Vox Tonelab St

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jamez1818)
Topic starter  

Hey Guys, Im new hear, just a quick question.

I have a 200 dollar budget and was looking at these two ME boards. I have a Gibson SG with a Fender Super Champ XD tube amp. For those who don't know, the Vox has a tube built in so would that do anything for me since I already have a tube amp? Which of these two would you guys recommend?

Thanks

(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

Hi ,

Dont know about the Vox but I have a ME-50 I its a great peice of kit.It really depends on what you want it for.Theres more than enough effects to keep anyone happy and the individual pedal layout is great.The quality of the Boss effects as you would imagine are top notch.The majority of them aparently taken straight from the individual boss pedals.Patches are quick and easy to set up and save although you need an additional foot switch to switch between banks if you dont want to bend down and do it by hand.
That said I don't bother using patches anymore and simply change settings/effects on the fly just takes a few seconds.Less hassle than trying to set patches up and get all the evels the same.
I have contemplated replacing it with individual pedals but the ME-50 gives me everything I want for now without the hassle.I would need at least 7 pedals to replace what i use in the ME-50 and a really dont want the hassle of setting that lot up everytime I play.

if you need any more info let me know.

Regards

Bob.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@jamez1818)
Topic starter  

Hi ,

Dont know about the Vox but I have a ME-50 I its a great peice of kit.It really depends on what you want it for.Theres more than enough effects to keep anyone happy and the individual pedal layout is great.The quality of the Boss effects as you would imagine are top notch.The majority of them aparently taken straight from the individual boss pedals.Patches are quick and easy to set up and save although you need an additional foot switch to switch between banks if you dont want to bend down and do it by hand.
That said I don't bother using patches anymore and simply change settings/effects on the fly just takes a few seconds.Less hassle than trying to set patches up and get all the evels the same.
I have contemplated replacing it with individual pedals but the ME-50 gives me everything I want for now without the hassle.I would need at least 7 pedals to replace what i use in the ME-50 and a really dont want the hassle of setting that lot up everytime I play.

if you need any more info let me know.

Regards

Bob.

Ok cool thanks. I found a boss me-50 for a good price and am going to pick it up.

ReplyQuote