Skip to content
Can bass player mul...

Notifications
Clear all

Can bass player multitask and play drums too?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

We give you a little Wierd Al ..... What do you think of the bass / percussion combo thing TF did?

http://youtu.be/rLzxi_x3Ris

Should we do more in this style?

Yeah .. OK busted! Should be in Hear Here ... nobody even pays attention to that! We want feed back! Do we entertain? Stupid as it is, being funny is as good as being good in my book. OK Mods ... move this ... it's OK ... :oops:

Oh! Might I add ... done in true Wicked Fester style. Figured out the chords and arrangement, played through it twice, set up the camera and this is what happened.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I think it's cool. I've thought about doing something like that when we're jamming.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nice!

TF's got coordination. He could sit on a stool, one foot on a bass drum pedal and another pedal rigged to a snare. Then use the headstock of his bass to hit the various cymbals. Maybe get two hi-hats and have one open and one closed. While he's at it, strap on the harp-holder and get him blowing out some harps.

That leaves you free to marvel at your creation, fight off the groupies, sing (with harmonies) and play guitar. While you're at it, get a double neck, attach the rhythm to a great sustain pedal, alter the tuning as needed and play both rhythm and lead.

That leaves your feet free to run one of those big padded MIDI controllers. That's where you can really get creative. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, while we were jamming he strolled behind the drums and started playing the bass drum while playing "Another one bites the dust". We both had a good laugh and decided to share. It was so ridiculous we had to do the Weird Al version.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

While he's at it, strap on the harp-holder and get him blowing out some harps.

I occasionally play harmonica while playing bass, but they both have to be simple parts.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Oh boy...

ReplyQuote