Skip to content
Can't Get The New P...

Notifications
Clear all

Can't Get The New Paul McCartney Song Out Of My Head!

35 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

According to the BBC charts Macca's #26 (last week 34) after four weeks on the charts. Not doing too well at all. Then again, it's been a long time since I used chart positions as a yardstick of quality - when I look at most of the drivel in the top 40, Macca's is about the only song I'd choose to listen to.

Good job he doesn't need the money!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I'm kinda diggin' the new McCartney tune...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I liked the video and the song, though I can understand that the high pitched strumming of the mandolin isn't to everyone's taste. John, my husband finds my celtic music a bit trying at times. I liked the way he went from room to room, ghosts and spirits leaping out, and nice touch at the end where we pass through newspaper wrappings(?) to a rock gig in a Pub with Paul playing Bass, looking very whimsical. Memories are important, they are the imprints of experiences that makeup part of our present self :)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

But it was at number 5 and number 10 in its first two weeks on the UK charts.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

http://www.billboard.com put it at No.3on 21st June then at 69 or something thereabouts - seems a bit odd.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,21903855-5005381,00.html - article mentions the album opened in US at No. 3 and explains the logic behind the starbucks deal

I hadn't bought a CD in a while so listened to the 30 second samples of each song, liked them and got it today, the deluxe edition with two CDs with three extra tracks and an interview with Paul Mc.. :)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3