Notifications
Clear all

CARVIN GUITAR

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@tmarsz)
Topic starter  

Hey, what do you guys think of this guitar and setup. I mostly play classic rock AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc

CARVIN BOLT
http://www.carvin.com/products/guitar.php?ItemNumber=BOLT

Wilkinson tremolo
Sperzel locking tuners
2 AP11 single coil pickups
C22B bridge Humbucker with coil splitter or
C22T bridge Humbucker with coil splitter

Could you please tell me the difference between the C22B AND C22T.

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Looks like a real nice guitar and for what you want to play it will work. Just be aware that for that kind of cash there are a lot of other guitars to choose from.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=517222

Believe it or not, this is cheaper!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Carvin has a fine reputation.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I think Carvin is a great guitar for the money - but not the bolt series. I think the neck-through series of guitars are excellent values, but the bolt series are really just Strat clones for the same price as a Fender. You might get a few more bells and whistles with the Carvin (locking tuners and Wilkinson trem) but overall I'd opt for a Highway 1 Strat over the bolt.

The bolt's don't hold their value very well, so you could consider looking for a second-hand one for $300 - 450.

I agree on the Gibson SG faded... I have a SG and they are great values. I think they are actually under $600 right now, which is amazing for a USA-made guitar. I would recommend the Gibson over the entry-level Carvin.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

By the way, I don't know the difference between the C22T and B, but I have never heard anyone say "I need to swap out my pickups and install a set of Carvin's"... Usually, it is the other way around.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote