Did you like the Coffee House?

31 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well?

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

loved it ... harmless banter thats all it was

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Agree with LK...it could get a little heated, but that's what moderators are for...as long as we stay away from politics and religion I don't see the harm....

Just as an example, I started a thread on Classic TV, bemoaning the lack of Westerns on modern telly.....

Just cast your mind back to those classic western series....those theme tunes got many of us into music in the first place....anyone around the 50 age mark, give or take a year or two, will still remember....

"Have Gun Will Travel, reads the card of a man...."

"Rollin' rollin rollin...."

and many others - lots of instrumentals, but I bet some of the 50-plus guys can still remember (and probably play!) the theme music(s) to progs like Bonanza, The Rifleman, etc etc etc....even classical Music, who doesn't remember the Lone Ranger Theme? (The William Tell Overture, if you're too young).... and one of my all time favourite pieces of music has to be the theme music from "The Magnificent Seven" - every time I hear that, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up....

Maybe we could try again, but more in the form of a "POP CULTURE" forum?.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Doesn't really matters ...

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

loved it ... harmless banter thats all it was

Ditto!

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Yeah i liked the coffee house and would like to see it come back honestly.
Maybe if we get enough votes.

honestly i could'nt understand why it was taken down in the first place. Sure there were a couple of heated conversations,but youre gonna have that in any forum whether it's an strictly on topic forum or an open forum for all topics.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Just a word from your friendly local moderator -- the coffee house was a lot of work for the moderators; and if the banter seemed largely harmless, well, that's because we were pretty busy moderating and keeping it harmless. 'nuff said.

I don't think it will be back. And I think you'll also find that most of the harmless banter still goes on right here in O & P, doesn't it?

Thanks!
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey Musenfreund,

The thing that confused me was that you and another mod was contributing to the unharmless (PC) threads. :?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

The fact that we contributed confuses you?

We were all anxious to see it work.

Somebody has the wrong idea that we were against it from the start. That isn't so.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

You set an example. If you talk about PC everyone's going to think it's OK. You have POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Ah, power!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Seems to me this forum is the same as the Coffee House, just different names.

I only recently started venturing into this forum, so it didn't concern me too much. Generally speaking, when I want non-guitar related banter, I have other boards for that. I come here for guitar related things.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I enjoyed some of the discussions, made me think, brought new ideas to my attention, or other ideas, if not new...Gets me a little out of the bubble that is long island :lol:

Musen, I know at least myself, and 3 other people mentioned they'd be willing to help moderate.

But, as far as I can gather, this stuff doesn't matter, as the decision was to keep GUITARnoise, a GUITAR website...so I'm not sure what the point of this discussion is? Unless there is some chance that with enough votes the decision would be changed... Is that a possibility at all?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It wasn't the number of moderators, it was the natural content/direction of the forum.

The fact that it needs more moderators really defeats the purpose. I think it needs to have no moderators to work and we aren't willing to have that here.

It wasn't that anything was way out of bounds, it's just that what we saw didn't fit what we do.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3