Notifications
Clear all

do you move?

32 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

The girls so like that little fanny shake too . . .

English translation please? Or was that English? My bad...

I just got down (i.e. full on dance moves) to MJ's Billie Jean, Don't Blame It On The Boogie, and similar...I have no shame...

Don't blame it on the BAH-BAH

Don;t blame it on the BAH-BAH

Blame it on the boogie, boogie, boogie, boogie....

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

He's referring to his buttocks. Moonrider's Elvis impersonation :lol:

I don't suppose he is equipped with what folks in your part of the world would refer to as your fanny. :shock: :oops:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Well, I'm never completely still. I'm one of those people who are always fidgeting; either bouncing my leg, shaking my foot, tapping my fingers, etc. I've been told that I even move in my sleep sometimes. I usually tap my foot when I'm playing guitar, but when I play bass I tend to move a lot more. I tap my foot or bounce and usually nod my head with the beat. At practice the other day, we were playing our one song that really grooves (we're a punk band, not much groove going on there) and I noticed that the drummer and I were playing right in the pocket. I was listening to him and making sure to hit certain notes right on the beat and we were tight! After the song, I mentioned that we had finally played it really tight and he told me he was watching my foot tap to keep the beat. I know the bass player helps keep the beat, but I didn't know we could do it with our feet. :D

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hmmm. To put it as Forrest Gump would . . . "Ah wiggle mah buttocks when ah play. Momma says it makes me look lahk a fat hobbit having a seizure."

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Yes, I move. I don't wiggle my butt, at least I hope I don't. :lol: Moving around is part of the fun to me.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

Well I'm somebody that always likes to move even when I'm just standing, but when I play guitar in my room I kinda go in circles, and when I'm playing with a group or something I kinda wiggle.

Today I was playing with the worship group of the church, and I kinda went crazy and started going up and down during one particularly groovy song xD, I controlled myself before anybody saw me though :P.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Hmmm. To put it as Forrest Gump would . . . "Ah wiggle mah buttocks when ah play. Momma says it makes me look lahk a fat hobbit having a seizure."

killer image! but do I laugh or go Oedipus on my eyes?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

This may sound retarded (in fact I've been PMed here recently and told I was . . . retarded) but there are certain songs I play that cause me to sneeze . . . Dust in the Wind . . . (no pun intended) for one.
I have this hypothesis . . .
that there's a series of acupuncture pressure points on the tips of my fingers that I'm "activating" . . . causing me to sneeze.

I thought I would just remove any doubt . . . to the person who PMed me . . . that I AM retarded.

KR2

trust me, it wasn't necessary.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Since the idea of adding video content to the GN wesbsite has been getting discussed recently, I think a butt-wiggling contest is just what this site needs... :lol:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

we can choose the butts?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Oh, I'm not gonna touch that one! :shock:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Since the idea of adding video content to the GN wesbsite has been getting discussed recently, I think a butt-wiggling contest is just what this site needs... :lol:
Umhh . . . yeh, good idea . . . go ahead Sara, you start it off . . . I need a few lessons on exactly how this is done.

Besides . . . chances are my video would be deleted . . . and appropriately so.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Alas, I have no video capabilites...

If you guys start it off, I'll consider getting hold of some footage-capturing device.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Alas, I have no video capabilites...

If you guys start it off, I'll consider getting hold of some footage-capturing device.
I am waiting...........

just got back from jammin. there was a large reflecting window where I could see myself.
my fanny doesn't move, I don't wiggle. I do move the guitar around expressing notes and bends. that was cool, I don't recall doing that much because I would mess up. guess I have progressed.
I don't turn around in circles any longer. I am reminded that I used to and the cord would wrap around my legs. I would trip eventually. packing up a cord that was 'telephone cord twisted' became a drag. I am happy not to spin in circles now.
I can't get the butt wiggle out of my mind's eye. I wanna see some vids. no guys tho :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Y'know, this is something I've never really thought about before - but I think I'm the world's most immobile guitar player. I think when I'm playing, I'm pretty relaxed - and as soon as I start playing, I get so lost in the music that there's just me and the guitar. They could start WWIII and I probably wouldn't notice, although - consciously or subconsciously - I'm aware of the music around me. I think the only time I shift position at all is if I'm playing acoustic without a guitar strap, I may alter position slightly to make sure the guitar doesn't slip - but I don't think I even tap my feet to the beat, I keep time in my head....and with my fingers, of course!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3