Skip to content
Do You Wake Up With...

Notifications
Clear all

Do You Wake Up With A Song In Your Head?

21 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I do, every single morning it seems like. This morning it was RL Burnside - Rollin and Tumblin'. I just had to get in here and dial this one up. (I don't have it on CD????) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgsC1WlAzWE&feature=channel

What about you?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

if I am working on a song to record, then most definitely. another time, and it sees very rare. I woke with an original song in my head. I quickly got it on tape and fleshed it out later.
it is easy to get an earworm, but that's different.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I've been working on sight-reading the bass clef. Woke up with the C major scale in my head. :roll:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I've been working on sight-reading the bass clef. Woke up with the C major scale in my head. :roll:
You're workin' too hard

I have been known to wake up with a song in my head, but Her Indoors seems to do so most mornings

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I usually go to sleep with a song in my head....every night, I try and visualise (should that be audiolise?) one of my own songs and go through it in my head. It's kind of an exercise....try and hear it in my head, like you'd try and remember a song you heard on the radio. But I'll try new solos, new basslines, change riffs around, etc....

As for waking up in the morning - yeah, most days I'll wake up whistling. Funny thing is, though, it'll never be a song that was on the radio or the TV yesterday - it'll always be an oldie. Usually the last song I actually played the night before.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

I've dreamt of Shine On You Crazy Diamond & woken up to it.....freaky.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Not quite the same, but i have dreamt of code or database schema to programtically determine the outcome of dream sequences. Waking up brain dead is the result. :roll:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Woke up this morning with "Young Girl" by Union Gap going through my head. Marilyn had got up before me and put the radio on!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I wake up all the time with great music in my head! If I got up and played then instead of having to go to work, I'd be 100X better!

This is an interesting observation on the subject, from a few thousand years ago:

"But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night'"

(Job 35:10)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Nice youtube Roy, and comments guys! Thanks for leading me to Rollin' and Tumblin' by Johhny Winter and Cream too. :D

Actually, I'm one of those who has the song in the head going to sleep. Umm, never occurred to me to wake up with one? :wink:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

This is similar subject matter in a song which I am writing at the moment. In the song, I am trying to capture how music seems to come to me during the night. (I am an insomniac) The line goes like this:

"...And midnight speaks to me in a voice that only I can understand. The conversation carries on forever..."
Name of the song is " I Am All the Time"

And yes, I do seem to wake up with a tune playing in my head every time.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I have songs in my head when I go to sleep all the time...it's annoying and I can't go to sleep....and whats even worse:

I get a lyric or melody stuck in my head of something that I would like to write...then I really can't go to sleep...and when I fall asleep, I can't remember the melody when I wake up.....that annoys the crap out of me!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Tainted Love....every morning. I don't know why.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yesterday I listened to Allman's post in Hear Here. his band played a Guns and Roses song.
dang thing was in my head ALL DAY!
Allman, I am coming over and kick your bottom. :evil:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Tainted Love....every morning. I don't know why.
OK, I know when to not say a thing...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2