Clear all

Drive Wildfire X3 Emerald Burst

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Even though, my girlfriend always says, " It's Okay baby, it's your money", I think since we are buying a house starting soon, she will be angry with me. I just ordered the Drive Wildfire X3 Emerald Burst from Musicians Friend. They dropped the price to $130, plus I got an e-mail about an additional 10% off. Then I added on to my order by getting a Bigsby Tremolo. Total price $219.23 with $0 shipping. I am not sure if I'll put the trem on this guitar, but probably, and also order some Humbucking size P90's from guitarfetish.com. This is my project right now!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

Drive Wildifire X3, eh? Not quite my first choice, but it sure is a unique guitar. I love the emerald or blue sunbursts. Congrats on the pickups (literally) If the tone is as unique as the guitar, I'm sure the ol' lady won't have a problem with it. :D

Nirv

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've got a couple of ideas for modding guitars. This X3 is just one possible instrument that is upgradable and will be unique when I am through.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Okay, I got this guitar and tuned it up. The tuners will have to go. They are plastic and just won't last. The neck is quite nice. There are no sharp frets. There is some fret buzz on the 5th and 6th strings. I have changed the strings to a heavier guage and tuned down to D-D. Custom set (what I had laying around 11,14,22w,35,45,50). The Bigsby I ordered won't fit this guitar due to the curved body of the guitar at the tail end. I may still try to put some humbucker sized P-90's in it soon. Perhaps, I will order the Bigsby that fits guitars with a curved body top. I really don't like the PUPS for distorted sound, they are a little muddy. Clean is okay.

ReplyQuote