Clear all

Engl stack questions – please help!!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sideshowlinc)
Topic starter  

Ok a fat bunch of random questions:

1. I'm getting a new rig. I want to buy a TC Electronic G-Major MultiFX unit. And I also want to get an Engl stack. Anyone know if those 2 will be compatible?
2. I'm tryna decide between the Engl Screamer Head and Engl Fireball Head, Fireball has more power (60w vs 50w) and the Screamer doesn't have an FX loop, but because of this the screamer is cheaper. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
3. I only want a 2x12 cab. Will the Fireball sound any good with this or will I need a 4x12? Also, any recommendations on cabs? Or just stick with Engl?
4. These are the pedals I want to get as well as the G-Major, as the G-Major does not provide these FX. Anyone know of anything better that could replace anything on this list?
· Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
· Catalinbread Teaser Stallion
· Digitech Whammy
· DOD FX-25B Envelope Filter
· Dunlop Heil Talk Box
· Korg pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
· Rocktron Hex Expression Volume Pedal
5. Any recommendations for a footswitch that would be compatible with the G-Major? I was thinking maybe a Rocktron MIDI mate? I'm really quite clueless so any ideas would be helpful…
6. Any recommendations for a footswitch that would be compatible with the Fireball head? I cant seem to find one on the Engl website that is made for it…
7. Any ideas on how I can provide power for all this stuff?
8. Any recommendations for a rack that would fit the G-Major?
9. Does the Fireball provide reverb?
10. Will I need an EQ or noise gate pedal? (I think not as the g-major has these built in but I'm not sure if they're any good…)
11. Anyone know of the cheapest way to get an E-bow?

Thanks a lot!

(@97reb)
Noble Member

I have not played either of those ENGL heads, but I have also looked into them. The company seems pretty solid with some big weight players using them. I would imagine the G-major would be fine with either head. I would go with the Fireball just for the effects loop. You could go with the 2x12, but you'll move more air (sound louder) with a 4x12. Depending on your budget, you could go with a matching ENGL cab, as they are generally sound/voice matched to the head. If you are working on a low budget, maybe you could start with something lower priced. The rest of your list is a mix of subjective/objective items I may be able to get back to you on. Maybe some of the others will comment. I have found not many here have even heard of ENGL, though and the G-major is kind of too professional for most (not all).

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote