Clear all

Favorite Led Zeppelin Albums

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I was just exploring the Led Zep discography. I've got the 4-disc and the follow-up 2-disc sets on my PC. Covers about everything, but I lose out on the album flavors. Hence, I'm going to make playlists and listen to my Led Zep that way. I did just wonder, though, what everyone's favorite album of theirs are? It's OK to list more than one. It's hard not to.

I'm still undecided, and am trying to keep it at three. right now it's I, II and IV. However, I think I need to listen to Physical Graffiti as one body of work instead of mixed in with box sets. It's quite a musical journey, perhaps comparable to the Rolling Stones 'Exile and Elton John's "Good By Yellow Brick Road". (maybe the first time ever those three albums made the same sentence?)

I also can't get away from "In Through the Out Door". I was one of the minority who really liked this album.

So, what do y'all think?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

My fav is Physical Graffiti, but it's also the one I listened to the most though.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Mine was always Houses of the holy. Just a allaround AWESOME albalm!! I will probably buck the trend here and say my second fav is Presence.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I like "Graffiti" because of Trampled Underfoot, and "Presence" for Achilles Last Stand.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

II and Physical Graffiti. No problem with In Through the Out Door, perhaps because of I remember some of the songs in that moment (early '80s).

Hard to choose just one favorite.

How the West Was Won is good, too. Live. And don't forget the DVD!

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Zeppelin I, II, and III are my top favorites.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

led Zep II

1977 .... installed 8 track in my Vista Cruiser. Problem ...... no tape. Sister had tape club tape she didn't want and gave it to me.
Led Zep II ........ wore it out. Bought electric guitar ............ rest is history.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Never had the Zep on 8-track. Album form until the two box sets 20 years ago or so. right when I was starting to get into the Blues, too. Instant double music expansion. I think at that time I had "ITHOD" and "IV". Maybe an early copy of coda sans bonus tracks. I think that III has "Since I've Been Loving You". Might be my favorite Led Zep tune. That makes excluding that album really tough for me.

TR, my 8-tracks were Aerosmith "Get You wings" and "Rocks" along with the Cars' first few and some BTO. Maybe Billy Joel's Gass Houses and Steve Miller band's "Fly Like an Eagle". None of the family rides had 8-track or cassette, so I antagonized the family with Kiss alive II and Barry Manilow Live. (Um, let's not even go to the Olivia Newton John album I had) That's alright though, because on sunday Mornings, Pops used to through on Marty Robbins Gun Fighter Balads. Tlk about some classic country-Western.

I'm rambling.

I ws toying with the idea of making a couple playlists containing my favorite led zep songs. What's the point? I will do a long jam playlist full of a few live & longer Allman Brother's songs. Things like live versions of "Dreams", "'Elizibeth Reed", "Whipping Post", "mountain Jam", etc. I bet I could clear 2 1/2 hours with 10 songs.

I'm rambling again. shut up time is at hand.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

I, II, III and IV

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I ws toying with the idea of making a couple playlists containing my favorite led zep songs.I did create playlists from my two box sets for the Led Zep albums. I Gave them a listen through. I've determined that "which album I like best" is mood dependent. Pretty much like which non-Stones artist/band do I like best.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I've only heard I - IV but never got amazingly familiar with number three because I didn't own the CD. I get familiar with most albums while driving. Sometimes in the gym in my IPOD. :lol:

I love I II and IV though.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote