124 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
10.3 K Views
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Its here!

Well, since I started the FIFA 2006 thread poll, I thought I should do the honours this time also.

First match between South Africa and Mexico goes today at 7.30 pm my time.

I am excited! :D

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Well, I already voted. Some people says we are favorites this year. We have to play football like in the Eurocup and try to win every match. It is not good to start thinking in the final. I think players know it. The famous Italian adagio: Piano, piano si va lontano.

Good luck everybody! :D

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You left off the US. I'm sure it's an oversight.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, I wish the poll would let me have more options than 10. I am considering the strongest teams here. Which team shall be removed from here to let the US in!? :!: :?:

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Japan? The Group E is very strong: Cameroon, The Nederlands, Denmark and Japan...

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ok...Japan it is...But, before I remove it, one of my vote goes to Japan! 8)

And one more thing, the poll is for an official 'poll' only. The thread is more about your experience and comments about FIFA 2010. Anyone here going to South Africa for watching the matches?

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

If they go to the next round, we will include again! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

You left off the US. I'm sure it's an oversight.

Latest news is that the US team got held up in Immigration, but the local blind school 3rd team have offered to step in and will probably spank England 6-0 tomorrow night.

Duran Duran are rumoured to be re-releasing one of their big hits from the 80s for the FIFA championship. I can't remember the title, but it has a line that goes "His name is Rio and he's sitting in the stand"

Yes, folks, it's that time again, when the England Coach has to start thinking up plausible reasons for why his team didn't win the World Cup.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

Someone actually voted for the US to win the cup?

...how cute

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It wasn't me.

I'd bet they get through to the second round though.

I'd like the homeland to win.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

It was me and I have no knowledge or interest in the sport just rooting for the homeland I know enough to know they probably are about a million to one to win, but I don't liek it when other countries burn our flag...Vic?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'm thinking Spain, Brazil or England, but you can only vote once.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

but I don't liek it when other countries burn our flag...Vic?

eh? What? I'm not burning any flags.....au contraire, I hope the USA qualify from group C along with England.

I voted with my heart - for England, obviously. My head says Spain - they look to have the strongest squad, no obvious weaknesses anywhere and plenty of strength in depth. They've replaced Brazil as my 2nd favourite team these days, anyway - with two Liverpool players in the squad (Torres and Reina) and two ex-Liverpool players (Alonso and Arbeloa) I'll be supporting them if England get knocked out!

If England actually win their group, and Spain win theirs, we won't have to play them till the final anyway. Now there's optimism for ya!

If England win their group, they'd probably have to play Australia in the next round, France in the 1/4 finals, Brazil in the semi-finals, and Spain in the Final.
If England finish 2nd in their group, they'd probably play Germany in the last 16, Argentina in the 1/4 finals, Spain in the semi-finals and Brazil in the Final.

Not going to be easy either way, is it!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

England has had so many injuries and too much turmoil off the field for me to think they'll go far.

The US has the strongest team and best coaching we've had - perhaps ever. I hope they go far.

As Vic says, Spain should be the favorite, but I'm pulling for the Dutch.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And on a musical note......the first goal of this WC was scored by the South African player Tshabalala. I Immediately thought of this.......

Manfred Mann was, of course, born in South Africa.........wonder if he was watching?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9