FIFA 2010

124 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
10.3 K Views
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Sorry I missed the connection between soccer and guitar playing but I see it now.

Its fine Cnev! And you are most invited to discuss the NBA. I wish the Harlem Globetrotters win! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

And still no votes for Germany?!? :?

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

As you can plainly see from Noteboat's post, this is soccer and guitar related.

I think it would be really terrible if a guitar forum permitted threads about soccer.

But threads about football are perfectly fine. :wink:

Now, back to lounging in la paradise de la guitare.....where is my manservant? 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I voted for The Netherlands . . . unless Arjen apologizes to Japan . . .
then I'm changing my vote to Spain . . . unless Nuno apologizes to Chile . . .
then I'm voting for Germany . . . cause no one has voted for them.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I give my vote to Germany!

May you win in peace. 8)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Go Switzerland !!!
http://www.nba.com/finals2010/index.html

:lol:

Who is the next? Honduras? Ok, we are ready! :twisted:

The World Cup are 7 matches, we only lost the first one.

And now we are not the favorites. Perfect.

Argentina is the new favorite, isn't?*

* Although they write in Spanish, this is a familiar site and I can not put the link to an Argentinian electronic newspaper... Very ugly vocabulary! They should learn it must not use those words! The fear is not good.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I bet I'm a minority here, but I can't get behind any sport that can end with score of 0-0....play till you have a freakin winner!

And please stop the clock, why keep it running and then just add time at the end?? That makes no sense to me.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I believe after the first rounds they play until the tie is broken.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Nuno,

I think you should read this you Spainards take this game a wee bit serious eh?

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/spanish-goalkeeper-berated-after-loss-061710?GT1=39002

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Of course, we are serious people!

Iker Casillas is a good guy and a good goalkeeper. He is also the captain, so he has to speak to the press. (He only has a problem to me: he plays in Real Madrid.) Sara Carbonero is a journalist who works for the Spanish TV that is covering the event.

According the previous post, the answer is: no, there are not problems, a girl never will destabilize a football men team. :lol:

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Ok just wanted to make sure there were no distractions for their upcoming match!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

... a girl never will destabilize a football men team. :lol:

Unless you're England!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I bet I'm a minority here, but I can't get behind any sport that can end with score of 0-0....play till you have a freakin winner!

And please stop the clock, why keep it running and then just add time at the end?? That makes no sense to me.
Why does there have to be a "winner" and a "loser"?
If two competitors are evenly matched, is it not fair that they should share the honours? There is something sadly wrong if you cannot admit that someone is your equal.

Why not stop the clock? In football, it is only stopped for injuries and time wasting. If someone needs treatment, he leaves the field and the game carries on without him. Football allows a maximum of three substitutes - it doesn't allow a change of team every time the ball is won or lost, so there is no need for the clock to be stopped every two minutes. There are no advertisement breaks, so no need to stop the clock. There are no lengthy discussions about how to make the next play, so no need to stop the clock.

A football match has two halves of 45 minutes each plus 15 minutes for the half-time break. The game is over in 105 minutes plus whatever stoppage time there is (maybe 3 or 4 minutes). How long does it take for American football to complete a game? Thanks but we'll keep the clock running.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Saw one of the most ridiculous pieces of playacting/cheating ever last night in the Spain v Honduras match. David Villa flicked a hand out at Izaguirre, may have caught him on the face. Izaguirre waited till someone was looking his way before clutching his face and falling to the floor in agony....after EIGHT seconds. Pathetic! Been trying to find a youtube link, but no-one's put it up yet.....but it's right up there with Ronaldo falling over holding his head after the ball hit him in the thigh, Robben falling over after Pepe Reina patted his cheek, or any of Drogba or Christiano Ronaldo's greatest dives.

The Ivorian who got Kaka sent off was pretty naff, too - Drogba was chatting to Kaka while he was receiving attention for his grievous wounds. Wonder what he was saying? "Ah yes, my work here is done - I have trained my padwan well!"

Can't stand CHEATS!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I also saw it! Effectively, pathetic!

Izaguirre stepped on Villa, and then Villa flicked a hand out at Izaguirre. Not usual but frequent. But the Izaguirre's agony was really pathetic. These actions should be penalized.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 9