Friday the 13th Lucky or Unlucky?

50 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So is this a Luck day or Unlucky Day?

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I don't buy into that crap.

I broke a mirror once and someone said, "Dude, your gonna have seven years of bad luck". I said to him, "What else could go wrong, I'm out 10 bucks for the mirror and I have to deal with your dumb ---, it can only get better from here". :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I was born on Thursday, the 13th, had my 13th birthday on Friday the 13th (and several others, too!). No, not unlucky at all!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Just another day, but then any day you've got in addition to the ones you've already had is a lucky day! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I don't pay any attention to all of that stuff. You make your own luck by the decisions you make. :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

When I was 11 I broke my arm on Friday the 13th. A couple of years later on Friday the 13th I was riding my bike pretty fast down a hill. My chain breaks, I lose control, crash into a curb and go flying over the handle bars getting a pretty nasty case of road rash. I think I'll stay inside this time.

Okay, maybe not.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

StormyMonday wrote: When I was 11 I broke my arm on Friday the 13th. A couple of years later on Friday the 13th I was riding my bike pretty fast down a hill. My chain breaks, I lose control, crash into a curb and go flying over the handle bars getting a pretty nasty case of road rash.

Here's a tip -- Look both ways before you cross any streets tomorrow. :lol:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I was born on Thursday, the 13th, had my 13th birthday on Friday the 13th (and several others, too!). No, not unlucky at all!

:D I just don't know what day of the week it was when I was born.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I was born on 13 December.Sunday.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Friday the 13th is unlucky :roll:
Touching wood after you've said something you hope not to jinx is a good idea :roll:
Breaking a mirror will ruin 7 years of your life :roll:
Crop circles are made by aliens :roll:
Similar strong opinions on a slightly more touchy subject begrudgingly withheld :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I was spanked one day for putting a broom next to a doorway (Supposedly its bad luck if the broom falls across the door) so I dont entertain any of these superstitions for my kids sake.

Sieze the DAY!!

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I would normally say, just another day, don't worry about that bad luck stuff..... I got a phone call a little while ago that did not bode well for my next two months. The house I was supposed to move into at the end of October, first of November will not be ready until November 8th at the absolute earliest, maybe later in November. I already gave my notice to my apartment complex to move out by November first. They already pre-leased my apartment for someone else to move in November 7th. I may be out of touch in November due to not really havin a real place to live. Hotel? another apartment for a month? with my stuff in storage? I am already going thru incredible turmoil at work. I don't need this. I have always lived under the premise : do the right thing, the right thing will happen for you. I guess I have done someone wrong for this to crop up on me. Maybe, I am greedy and this is my punishment.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I was spanked one day for putting a broom next to a doorway (Supposedly its bad luck if the broom falls across the door) so I dont entertain any of these superstitions for my kids sake.

At my first job, I worked with an older gentleman (in his 60s I would guess). Part of my job was to sweep the floor. I once made the mistake of touching his foot with the broom while I was sweeping. Apparently, it's bad luck if this happens. He kind of flipped out at me. I thought he was joking around, but he was really angry. He was a very nice guy overall, but I couldn't believe he bought into that stuff and got so angry.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Don't believe it exists. (luck)

"When it comes to luck, you make your own.
~Bruce Springsteen~

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If luck doesn't exist, then how do you call someone who wins the lottery?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4