30 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm sorely sorely tempted....

http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=1000

I don't like ordering without playing first, but I'm really tempted. Blackburn isn't that far from Liverpool, I guess. :roll:

As the prophet Tom Yorke once said, "You do it to yourself, you do...."

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

well, i'm not going to be much help here, as I LOVE tele's, so my advice to you is BUY IT! BUY IT NOW! :twisted:

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

I've been gassing for a Tele myself. http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/sMZ7127920/

My excuse is tax season is coming up. Not sure if you can use the same one, if not, I can make one for you. I'm good at that.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

well, i'm not going to be much help here, as I LOVE tele's, so my advice to you is BUY IT! BUY IT NOW! :twisted:

What he said!

Decent price - forty quid less than I paid for my MIM Tele. Looking at some other guitars, too, I'd say their prices seem quite reasonable across the board. Hell, you could fork out about a tenner for rail fare and still pay less than I did!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Do it! Do it now!! :twisted:

This is the Tele I'm GASsin' for:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Player-Baja-Telecaster?sku=512765

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

lol, my list of things to do tomorrow am includes: "double check budget and see if Tele-purchase is in any way feasible given strat-upgrade expenditure"

it looks soooooo purty! and I have been after a maple-necked tele, so..........

watch this space.

and thanks to everyone who encouraged me. I couldn't do it without you all. Well, I probably could, but it helps me delude myself into thinking that serious-GAS is not abnormal, lol.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

it would be abnormal NOT to want it!

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a must-have to me!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@alouden)
Trusted Member

Well, I can't imagine it being of any less quality than the one I just forced myself to put down and come to work. (Got mine Sat. you may have noticed.)

As Alison says "I have a new favorite"

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

lol, its really starting to look that way, just gotta make sure I can finance it.

and today, I'm waiting on, and looking forward to, a phone call. not just any phone call. its a phone call that should hopefully consist of a guy going, "yes, we have your Martin, Spear Tomcat, and Fender Blues Jr in the store awaiting pickup whenever you want it...." I've even arranged with a friend to collect first thing tomorrow if said phone call comes. :mrgreen: The young Scrybe bounces with excitement :mrgreen:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

I've been gassing for a Tele myself. http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/sMZ7127920/

Hi GS :D

I recently played a 72 Deluxe RI Tele at GC.
They had 2; A black one, and a walnut finished one.
Of the 2, the translucent walnut one had a beautifully scared alder wood beneath it, and was weightier than the solid black one...
Making me think that it had a solid wood body.

I played the walnut one straight thru a Vox AC15....
Nice sound, though the amp was part of the reason.

I wasn't overly impressed with the HB pups it had.... The guitar was nice overall though.
Especially for the money.
The pups might not be a huge issue if you plan on running it through a pedal or two.

If you plan on getting one, I would look at the translucent/transparent colored ones and compare those with a solid colored one, as I'm thinking that they may use better wood for the see-thru colors.
(Unless black is your priority :wink: )

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Is it just me, or does the 72 Tele just look plain WRONG with a Strat headstock? Then again, I thought the Squier '51 was a plug-ugly guitar, and it seems like virtually everyone on this forum's got at least two! That's more like a Strat body with a Tele headstock - again, it just looks WRONG to me! At least Squier got it right with the Tele Custom II - Tele body, Tele 'stock - although I still think the pickguard should go all the way around the bottom horn.

Still haven't seen anything to match that wrong-way-round flying V, though!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I agree, Vic, those particular Fenders do look like assembly line errors by hung-over workers on Monday morning.

That reverse V is just too wrong for words.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

It has been some time that I have Gassed.

However a word of experience - "In the end, Gassing is not helpful. Just buy the freakin' thing !"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That reverse V is just too wrong for words.

Unbelievable - on the link GrungeSunset posted above, there are no less than 24 of those....those....things. You'd have thought someone with a bit of sense and authority would have taken a look at the prototype or blueprints and said, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

When he'd stopped laughing, that is............

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2