Clear all

Gear Poll

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Discuss......I'll throw in my 50 cents later on. I'm not sure I have it figured out myself. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Well I fit into several of those categories. I have too much gear. I'll probably have a yard sale here soon. What I'd really like to end up with is a couple of really nice guitars. Maybe:

6str acoustic
12str acoustic
6str electric
1 amp for each
Just one multi-effect box

Can I do it? Probably not. But if I could get down to 10 guitars total that would be a great start.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I have enough gear but I'd like a really top quality guitar.

And a backup in case I break a string on stage

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Good point Alan. I'll need a back up guitar too. Let's see now....that comes to 25 guitars. Wow, I don't have too many after all.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

At one time, I had a lot of guitars; now I have two. I really need a new Tele, and a back-up acoustic; new Tele will have to wait for a while. I need a cheap though decent bass, and a bass amp. I need.....sigh....what I need is a lottery win!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I've got 3 basses: 4-string P, 5-string J, 4-string J-fretless. Don't need more than that.

I have a Peavey Mark IV workhorse with a 2x10 and a 4x10 for outdoors - but I need a workhorse to haul it. I'd like to upgrade that to a newer G&K rig (or similar) like the one Helena has. It's lighter, louder, and sounds better.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I am assuming this means guitar gear so I picked having way too much and not anticipating buying more. We are working on piecing together a decent drum kit but one of those will do. :lol: As much as I love getting new gear there has to be an end point. I'm running out of room and as far as better quality, I'm happy with all the stuff I have now. $99 cheapies up to $1350 Gibson, I love playing all of them.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I am assuming this means guitar gear so I picked having way too much and not anticipating buying more.

Hmmm - and I'm not anticipating Xmas Day falling on December 25th!

Sorry mate, we know you too well - we're not buying that one!

Looking forward to pics of your next guitar!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I've got 3 basses: 4-string P, 5-string J, 4-string J-fretless. Don't need more than that.

I have a Peavey Mark IV workhorse with a 2x10 and a 4x10 for outdoors - but I need a workhorse to haul it. I'd like to upgrade that to a newer G&K rig (or similar) like the one Helena has. It's lighter, louder, and sounds better.

Are you copying me? I have a 4 string P, 5 string J and 4 string J fretless. I just recently got one of the light GK combo amps with extension cab. Sounds like you have very good taste :D

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Are you copying me? I have a 4 string P, 5 string J and 4 string J fretless. I just recently got one of the light GK combo amps with extension cab. Sounds like you have very good taste :D

Well, let's see who was first:

4-string P: 1979
4-string fretless: 1984
5-string J: 2009
Peavey amp: 2004
GK amp: 2011?

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

First off we all know bass players have no taste :lol:

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Well, let's see who was first:

4-string P: 1979
4-string fretless: 1984
5-string J: 2009
Peavey amp: 2004
GK amp: 2011?

Ok, guess I'm copying you :D
First off we all know bass players have no taste

Obviously, since we choose to hang out with guitarists all the time :lol:

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

First off we all know bass players have no taste :lol:
LOL!

I have more than enough gear. Perhaps I'd add a couple of new guitars, just for completing the tones or styles of music.

But I am very happy with all my gear from the cheapest pedal or guitar to the most expensive.

In fact, I always ask for more time to play and enjoy than new toys...

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

I have 4 guitars, but I really only need 3.

I'm only playing one right now, the Parker DF. The others are gathering dust. The Parker is that much more fun to play.

So I'm considering (flip-flopping) selling my 1970 Kalamazoo Gibson ES-330 and buying another Parker. If I decide to go that way and it happens, I'd probably donate the LTD to some youngster. One of the organizations I belong to has a program that does that.

I'm a player, not a collector. I do this to make a living. Of course there is no one right way to own guitars. It's just my way.

I also have saxophones, wind synthesizers and keyboards. The problem with being a multi-instrumentalist is that there is a lot of gear to shlep to the gig.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm one of the ones who selected "I have more than enough gear and do not anticipate buying more by the end of the year.", but it took a while. I know I have more than enough. I've got most bases covered. I think I would like a Resonator (the one with the steel cones in the center?) Aside from that, I'm really set. I've got more than I feel like maintaining right now. I'm really not sure where I'll go from here gear-wise.

I do know I'll keep on playing. that's a given. :D :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2