Clear all

Godin Review

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Riff
(@riff)
Topic starter  

I just bought a Godin Freeway Classic. I wanted to get everyones opinion of Godin. I think they are very well made and sound and look great! They are made in Canada and assembled in the US in either New Hampshire or New Jersey.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings (1937-2002)

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I wanted to get everyones opinion of Godin. I think they are very well made and sound and look great!

I think most people who have tried them will agree with your assessment. :)

I'm taking a serious look at the Exit 22 as my next guitar, though I'm not sure about the shorter-scale neck. That would be my only hesitation.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

The Godins I've played I've loved. Like Slej, my only reservation is the short scale length - though I played an SG for years and never really noticed, so I guess I'd get used to it.

For me, the LG's are the ones, though I can't quite make up my mind between the one with P90's (Seymour Duncan Customs, no less, individually voiced) and the one with coil-tapped humbuckers, which has a snarl on the bridge pup to shame a Les Paul!

As far as build quality vs cost, I don't think there's another guitar to touch them for value. The feel rivals PRS, IMHO.

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I like my second hand LGxT short scale, though the LG shape isn't as nice as the strat shape to sit with. Both the LGs and the long scale Freeway series I've tried have been real nice.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote