Guitarnoise Addict

20 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Didn't know where to put this ..

I just realised that I've been coming here off and on for the last three and half years! Which got me wondering of the current "active" members who are the longest serving members not including administrators?

Just curious

bob.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/memberlist.php
click "joined" at the top right

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/memberlist.php
click "joined" at the top right

That's just going to show when people joined, but I'm sure alot of them are not "active" anymore.

I came to GN in '03, and registered on the forums in '04.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Musenfreund,Alan Green,Dhodge are all up there somewhere

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

just scroll down the list till you see the names you recognise
those will be the "active ones" :roll:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well next to my avatar it says I joined on April 28th 2004 - but back then, due to some issues with the server, there were a few of us lost in Cyberspace! I actually joined about Sept 2003 - but when that old server was upgraded, for some reason several members (I can think of myself, Scratchmonkey, Marvellous Optimist and Tucker offhand...) lost all our posts and had to re-register. So I'd been a member about 6-7 months before it actually shows on the memberlist!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I joined in July'05. Left in Feb'06 and joined again in Mar'06.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

If you sort the Member List by posts, you will see that there are about 100 members with over 1000 posts, of which only 10-12 are Moderators. There are a couple more Mods who have lower post counts. Also, some of these top 100 are no longer active.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Well next to my avatar it says I joined on April 28th 2004 - but back then, due to some issues with the server, there were a few of us lost in Cyberspace! I actually joined about Sept 2003 - but when that old server was upgraded, for some reason several members (I can think of myself, Scratchmonkey, Marvellous Optimist and Tucker offhand...) lost all our posts and had to re-register. So I'd been a member about 6-7 months before it actually shows on the memberlist!

Vic
So you should have another 1000 or so posts added to your count? :lol:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

wow i just realised, if i subtracted all my game posts i'd only be a.. oops nm :oops:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I used to visit Guitar Noise on occasion as a guest about a year before I became a member. I think I signed up twice. It was awhile before I became a moderator, which doesn't mean a lot, I rarely "moderate" anyone. I'll see where someone accidently double posts and asks for a post to be deleted and do that. :roll:

Being a member here at Guitar Noise is not unlike playing guitar itself. Lots of folks start and play for a year or two and quit. Sometimes they take it up again later. And then there are those that keep playing. Being a member here is very similar, some post for a few months and disappear forever, some come back, while some are regulars.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Vic
So you should have another 1000 or so posts added to your count? :lol:

minus games = net loss or gain?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I only had a couple of hundred posts at the time, and Paul credited those to me when I re-registered. As for games - hardly been there for ages. Must drop by sometime and have a look at spot the riff and spot the bass riff etc.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

me neither.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Interesting - a look at the top 50 members shows that around a quarter of them haven't been active for a while.

Forrok_star - 4356 posts - hasn't been around since Feb 2007.
Mike - 3647 posts - hasn't logged in since June 3rd.
Demoetc - 2472 - last seen July '07.
Tucker - 2296 - hasn't visited since May '06.
Misanthrope - 2279 - last spotted in July this year.
TaylorR - 2187 - Feb this year.
Paul Donnelly - 2080 - almost two years since he posted, Oct '06.
Margaret - 1724 - last posted Jan this year.
Yoyo286 - 1688 - hasn't been seen since March '06.
Ryan Spencer - 1609 - disappeared without trace in Feb 03!
Twisted Fingers - 1590 - last seen Aug '06.
Primeta - 1347 - last seen Apr '07.

All these members were very active when they were around - I don't remember Ryan Spencer, he was gone before I joined, but I wonder what happened to all the others? Life getting in the way, perhaps? I spoke to Twisted Fingers last year on AOL messenger, he was fine then but work and writing were taking all his time. As for the others - anyone keep in touch with them? Or know anything?

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2