Notifications
Clear all

Guitars how are they important?

24 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@mrsandman)
Topic starter  

I'm writting an article about guitars and how are they important. Give me your thoughts again I mean specifically guitars. I play guitar and have my own thoughts, but I want yours. Here is some questions.

Why do you think people have wrong views of guitars?

Name a specific reason why guitars are important and explain?

Electric Guitar as a religious tool. What do you think about that?

Why did you start playing guitar? (mostly I get "girls" as an answer.)

Have any articles you would have that supports your view list them please.

List how many years of experience you have.

Your screen name will be listed if I choose your comment.

I'm from Wenatchee Valley College and this is an English Essay.

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Why are they important:

One could argue that guitar helped revolutionize the world in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Many of the artists that influenced thinking back then wouldn't have been able to achieve the same sounds without the electric guitar; many of the challenges against government and war would not have been voiced in the same manner.

I'd write more, but the Phils are in the playoffs right now!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I'm writting an article

Here is some questions.

this is an English Essay.
The future of our nation!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I'm writting an article

Here is some questions.

this is an English Essay.
The future of our nation!

Form and content both are disturbing.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Okay, all the grammatical and spelling mistakes aside:

Which people seem to have a "wrong view" of guitar? I have never known anyone to express that opinion.

Guitars are important because they add an additional voice to any composition, whether it is classical, jazz, or rock and can be made to sound in many ways to add texture to said composition.

Any instrument can be used as a religious tool, it just depends on how open minded people are about their church or religion. Some people think "modern" electrical instruments have no place in church. I don't care what instrument one uses to help express their religion. If the spirit moves you, then the spirit moves you. God works in mysterious ways!

I started playing guitar because I liked "rock and roll" and specifically late 70's/early 80's "heavy metal". I wanted in on that stuff.

The only articles I know of that support my view is what one might find in a "Guitar Player", "Guitar One", or one of those magazines.

I have been playing guitar for 24 years, bass (off and on) for 17, keyboards (again, off and on) for 13, and I have been trying to learn something of the drums for the last 4 years.

Good luck with your essay and remember to have fun with your music!!!!!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

'Nuff said.

97 pretty well wrapped it up, I think.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

I'm writting an article

Who's writing this article? Sounds like your asking us to write it for you.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I think Sandman is just looking for direction. I was an English minor in college and took graduate level classes, so, I feel I know how it can be difficult to get ideas, get started, or get done sometimes. Maybe, Sandman is young and not sure of his words yet. Remember, everyone has to start somewhere. Clapton didn't write and record classics the first year he picked up the guitar.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I'm writting an article

Who's writing this article? Sounds like your asking us to write it for you.

Exactly -- not only write it, but provide bibliographical backup as well. Soliciting opinions is cool, but this is more than a little too needy.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I ain't know'd nothing bout whilst I play'd geetar. Sorry, but I'm a critical care nurse and if I brought this kind of aptitude to my profession there would be a lot more people dead than there already are. I consider my grammer and spelling poor ... but ....... Correct the grammer and spelling and I'll write a response.

P.S. I blame AIM. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

It's really simple. I'm talking about electric guitars.

The electric guitar is the biggest, baddest instrument on the face of the Earth. I don't care what instrument you choose, it could be a synthesizer, the electric guitar is the ultimate musical instrument. And while the electric guitar is played all over the world, it is an American instrument by birth. It is American as apple pie. It is like the B-52 bomber or the Atomic bomb. It is like a Corvette. It is the baddest thing out there. Stand in front of a big stack that is cranked up and hit a chord....

That is it, doesn't get any bigger or badder than that.

It is an instrument of power wielded by a people of power to reflect that power.

Like Jerry Lee Lewis said, "if you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it". Sure, there is lots of great music, but Rock has taken over the world and rules by force. And electric guitar is the sound of Rock and Roll.

Now, think for yourself a little bit. :roll:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

The guitar is present in every genre of music, and the only instrument to have completely cut across all boundaries of race or religion. Try that for starters.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Why do you think people have wrong views of guitars?

I don't. Everyone I know thinks they are wonderful expressive tools for making music. I think people may have the wrong view of guitarists, but I think that has more to do with tight leather pants than guitars.

Name a specific reason why guitars are important and explain?

They allow you to express yourself, entertain others, and achieve a zen like state as you noodle around on them. Guitars aren't as important as the guitarist, the desire to express yourself, and the emotional connection you make with the audience.

Electric Guitar as a religious tool. What do you think about that?

Great. Why not? How about wine as a religious tool? Funny hats as a religious tool? How about speaking the entire service in a foreign language like Latin?

Why did you start playing guitar? (mostly I get "girls" as an answer.)

Pianos are much heavier and hard to lug around and tuning them takes longer than tuning a twelve string

Have any articles you would have that supports your view list them please.

I don't have any articles on my own opinion, no.

List how many years of experience you have.

Playing guitar? 10 on and off. Playing guitar well? not so many. Performing in a band? 20 some odd.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Performing in a band? 20 some odd.
If you've performed in a band for 20 years, I don't doubt some were odd. :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

If you play, I'm not sure why you would have to ask the question "why are guitars important?". It's like asking why is air important.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2