Notifications
Clear all

Guitars how are they important?

24 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member

This thread has been voted as #6 in the top ten threads of linguistic and abstract humour.

I started playing the guitar cauz I didn't want to end up writting articles. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

This thread has been voted as #6 in the top ten threads of linguistic and abstract humour.

I started playing the guitar cauz I didn't want to end up writting articles. :lol:

How did this thread grow to 2 pages???
STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Why do you think people have wrong views of guitars?
Depends on what you mean by wrong idea about guitars. A guitar is an instrument. It's the many different genres of music that people have the wrong idea, just as art, theater, movies, books, ect. Garth Hudson (The Band) said in an interview that he was from a family that believed that jazz was the devil. The nation of Iran outlawed all music except for Islamic religious music. My father was a Southern Baptist minister, but he placed no restrictions on the music I listened to. The first rock concert I ever attended was The Guess Who. $4.50. He threw in a dollar so I could get a better seat. You can't do better than that. I had friends with parents that would not let me come to their house because I listened to that devil music. So, as Blue Oyster Cult said, "If they really think we're the devil, then let's send them to hell."

Name a specific reason why guitars are important and explain?
People have always loved music, and a guitar is an easy instrument to learn. One doesn't need to learn breathing techniques like brass or woodwinds, or have physical agility as with drums.

Electric Guitar as a religious tool. What do you think about that?
That's a new one on me.

Why did you start playing guitar? (mostly I get "girls" as an answer.)
High school (1970's). Bought my first real guitar (a Fender Mustang) at 20. I had just been dumped by a girl, but the timing was merely coincidental. I have always loved music. I wanted to play guitar for the sound. I buy specific guitars for specific sounds. I have an Epiphone Sheraton for that hollow, clean sound, a Fender Stratocaster for a clear rough sound, a fretless electric bass with nylon strings for a sound close to an upright string bass, and I bought a sitar for that sound.

Have any articles you would have that supports your view list them please.
http://www.oenyaw.com/story.html is a more indepth personal view of music. It's what I wrote on my own website

List how many years of experience you have.
At playing guitar seriously, 20. Playng bass in bands (gigging and recording), 15. Electronic music, 20.
Listening to/studying music, I'm 49 and I was singing Everly Brothers songs before I could talk.

Good luck with the paper/project.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@mrsandman)
Topic starter  

I ain't know'd nothing bout whilst I play'd geetar. Sorry, but I'm a critical care nurse and if I brought this kind of aptitude to my profession there would be a lot more people dead than there already are. I consider my grammer and spelling poor ... but ....... Correct the grammer and spelling and I'll write a response.

P.S. I blame AIM. :lol:

Sure I'll glady translate. "I ain't know'd nothing bout whilst I play'd geetar." This accent is common among hillbillies. The use of every possible mistake is present. This is obvisiously very stereotypical. The person who wrote this wanted to elaborate on the mistakes that I ACCIDENTLY made earlier. The actually translation would be in the entirety of its contexts: "I'm a totally uncarring person who soul purpose is to point out the mistakes of others. The only reason I'm a critical care nurse is because the person will most likely die anyways. So by having the patient placed in my care it will speed their journey to the great beyond."

Without the context it is translated: "I don't know why I play guitar." The translation is obvious no help to me, so I beg people like this to stop being a retard and try to understand.

Critical Care Nurse!!!!! Can I have you name to make sure my relatives don't go to you? :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Is this an attempt to get more flies with vinegar than honey?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Oh, MrSandman, you are just not getting it! :roll:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

obvisiously
:bzzz:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Oh, MrSandman, you are just not getting it! :roll:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Why do you think people have wrong views of guitars?

because most people are hacks, and that includes most guitar players.

Name a specific reason why guitars are important and explain?

their design favors certain licks and sounds.

Electric Guitar as a religious tool. What do you think about that?

most religious people are tools.

Why did you start playing guitar? (mostly I get "girls" as an answer.)

i wanted to make music.

Have any articles you would have that supports your view list them please.

a, an, the.

List how many years of experience you have.

i've been playing for about 15. i've had ears for about 27.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2