(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

Here's a song to get you in the mood:

Adam Sandler - Thanksgiving Song

8)
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Allright, I know this will sound pathetic, but what exactly is Thanksgiving? Is there some kind of historical event being celebrated?

Whatever it is, have lots of fun everyone over there. :D

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Wikipedia - Thanksgiving

In brief, it involves thanking those persons, who mean something to your life...

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Rahul, you didn't mention Macy's Day Parade? Isn't that a Thanksgiving parade? Maybe you should go and stand in the corner for a while? :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks, Dan! How's that, Rahul? :wink:

Holiday for us US'rs. Some of us are luckier and have tomorrow off. So a 4 day holiday.

Dan, we should have made some plans and gotten together this weekend. I'll be here all weekend if you're in the neighborhood. Bring your son. I got enough gear and headphones for everyone. :D

Rahul, you and Arjen, join the party if you are passing through. Rahul, no lefty guitars here but I can rearrange a drum set if you want to bang away. :wink:

Happy Holidays everyone!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

You mean like in one of those portable cookers? With the 20 quarts of cooking oil?

Yes. A few times.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

We have guests from the UK coming over in a couple hours. I guess we can call it "Harvest Festival" if they want. Anyway, the bird is in the oven and the house smells great! Anyone else wants to stop by, feel free ... just bring a side dish or more wine. Cheers!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Anybody deep fry a turkey?

Last Christmas my Dad did. Tasty. :D

I'm going to spend most of the day playing around with my nephew's guitar, getting it tuned up and screws and bolts replaced. I'm also taking my amp and a pedel to my sister's today. :twisted:

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

You guys ALMOST have Thanksgiving explained. You even got the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in NYC! BUT, you forgot the 2nd MOST important thing about the day, after the meal. And it is - FOOTBALL, or American football for those who call soccer football! :lol: Most Amercian men gather around the tv to watch 3 nationally televised games played, one after the next.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Strangely enough, British TV is showing three televised AF games.....probably for homesick Americans, as I guess about 3 Brits might bother to watch....

Anyway, from this Brit to all you Americans, HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

Have to watch the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Oh, and this year I got lucky and got both ham and turkey. :)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

FOOTBALL, or American football for those who call soccer football! :lol:
Remind me which country it is that restricts contact with the ball to the foot? :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :D I've been cooking for 2 days and am totally exhausted! I'm sure glad that I only host Thanksgiving once every 7 to 10 years! It was nice to have family and friends here, but I'm really glad it's over! I may sleep all day tomorrow!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

In brief, it involves thanking those persons, who mean something to your life...

Well, I don't want to go into religion, that is a not a subject for this site, but originally Thanksgiving was a Christian religious holiday to give thanks to God, not persons. You can see the painting at Wikipedia of the first Thanksgiving dinner celebrated by the early Pilgrims to thank God for bringing them to the New World safely, and providing food and shelter for them. Many of the foods like turkey and corn were eaten at this meal and this has passed down as a national holiday and tradition in the U.S.A.

Over the years this holiday has evolved and now includes parades like Macy's and annual professional football games.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the explanation everyone. :)

Wes: Thanks for the story. It does add some depth to it IMHO.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2