Hayseed Dixie

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

A friend spoke to me of Hayseed Dixie. Cool band and great musicians. I didn't know them. As I said several times it is not a very frequent style of music here.

It seems they come here from time to time so I'll try to go next time. There are many videos on YouTube. This is a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody. Absolutely funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAWl5peI8HY

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I love Hayseed Dixie!

I got to thinking about them recently and thought it would be funny if someone did '80s hair band covers bluegrass style and called themselves Banjovi. Googled the name and found it's being used.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Very ingenious!

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I first heard about them right here on Guitarnoise over a year ago.
I now have a couple of their albums, and have also discovered that they allow taping at their shows (and sharing of those tapes)
Some are available here: http://www.archive.org/details/HayseedDixie

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

They Rule!!!!! Their "Walk This Way" is my fav. That is right up there with that Georgie Girl skiffle video someone posted a year or two back. I like off center music. Perhaps a phsyc profile....nah, it wouldn't fix nuttin.

btw, if memory serves me well, they should be in your neck of the woods this spring. Looks like a great party fest. You need some calories after that marathon too. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote