Clear all

Hummingbird Gibson guitar

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@clau20)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I saw a great guitar on the net that is for sale at 300$, a Hummingbird Gibson guitar that comes with a hard case

I was wondering if you had any comments on that guitar? The girl who is selling it told me that she bought it 550$ without tax

For more information:
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20Acoustic/True%20Vintage/Hummingbird/

For now, I own a Takamine accoustic guitar that I bought 200$.. And the next guitar I wanted to buy was a 12 strings... But that Hummingbird Gibson looks great...

What do you think? Should I buy that Gibson or wait until I have the cash to buy a great 12 string? ...

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

for $300?
Are you sure it's a Gibson hummingbird, and not an Epiphone hummingbird that she's selling?

Even though Gibson owns Epiphone, they're not the same thing.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

If it's really a Gibson, RUN and get it NOW! Heck, buy it for me if you don't want it for yourself.

But, as Kent suggests, it seems unlikely ...

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Check out Gibson's home page for how to spot a fake.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I saw a great guitar on the net that is for sale at 300$, a Hummingbird Gibson guitar that comes with a hard case

I was wondering if you had any comments on that guitar? The girl who is selling it told me that she bought it 550$ without tax

If it's a true Gibson Hummingbird at that price, it's likely stolen :shock: Most Hummingbirds go for about $2500 new.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

humm, I read to fast

In the title, she wrote: Hummingbird Gibson

But in the text, she wrote: Gibson Epiphone, so yes it was not a real Hummingbird, even if the guitar looked exactly the same!

And by the way, she sold it so... I'm gonna wait and probably buy a 12 string like I was thinking

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote