I love Poison

14 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

And I can't have enough of it! 8)

Just discovered this band like 2 months ago and I have been hooked to their songs.

My favourite tracks -

1. Nothing But a Good Time
2. Fallen Angel
3. Every Rose Has Its Thorn

I like most of the others on their greatest hits album.

Anyone a fan of this band here?

Rahul

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

then you should watch all the Rock of Love shows and spins-offs. Bret does 'Rose' at least a couple times a season (and I've never watched this. really. someone told me about it. :P )

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Yeah, I like Poison too, and many similar, but slightly unique bands. Power ballads really move me. 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Oh, huge fan here!

C.C. Deville is an awesome guitarist! I am a big fan of 80's metal/glam rock :D !

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Oh, huge fan here!

C.C. Deville is an awesome guitarist! I am a big fan of 80's metal/glam rock :D !

So this is 80's metal/glam rock. Well, I like this music in this case. Love the melodious overdriven guitar background and screaming solos. Not to mention the really meaningful lyrics which I was not expecting from this kind of band.

Listening to 'Life Goes On'... 8)

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Haven't listened to Poison in YEARS.

But I was a teen in the 80s! Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdXB2Vp42VU

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Oh, huge fan here!

So this is 80's metal/glam rock. Well, I like this music in this case. Love the melodious overdriven guitar background and screaming solos. Not to mention the really meaningful lyrics which I was not expecting from this kind of band.

Listening to 'Life Goes On'... 8)
If you are getting into 80's glam/heavy metal/rock,

may I suggest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTlbzzNtB0

starts out slow, but he starts rockin' soon!

Whitecross - guitarist Rex Carrol is one of THE best - he is a mix of Satriani, EVH, Jimi, Ritchie Blackmore, and Yngwie all rolled into one! They have the tightest sound of just about any band I have heard.

Stryper - Oz & Michael are both great guitarists

Barren Cross - Ray Parris

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I was a teen in the 80's too. Well, have of the decade. Never could get into that metal scene of Ratt, Poison, Cinderella, etc. I did like some selections, though. Def Lep, some Krokus, um, that might be it. Gotta be more. I normally don't like just one or two acts from any genre.

I did, though, get dragged to a Motley Crue show. It was, um, made worth my while. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I love Motley Crue too. Love their song 'Home Sweet Home'.

Currently, I am in love with the unplugged version of 'Every Rose...'. Thinking of doing a cover of it. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Currently, I am in love with the unplugged version of 'Every Rose...'. Thinking of doing a cover of it. 8)

If I remember correctly, "Every Rose" is pretty easy - mostly alternates between G (320033) and Cadd9 (x32033), with an occasional D and Dsus4 thrown in.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That was the show's big ending number. Actually pretty impressive, as I recall. Tommy Lee's drum set up and platform moved forward and tilted almost to 90 degrees or something. Really entertaining.

Have you exposed yourself to any Def Leppard? Not part of the 80's L.A. Hair scene, but still metal. England, I believe, is their home. Hysteria and Pyromania are their two big ones. I saw them in 2007 with Foreigner (well, Mick Jones and a bunch of really good musicians...Mick started & owns the band name or something like that) and Styx. 4th row, center stage in front of the catwalk. I don't think I've ever felt the music like I did that night. Two rows of full stacks pretty much changed your heartbeat. The pressure was intense. Another ear surgery within a couple of weeks. I woke the next morning with a headache that didn't go away. I can't even go into a guitar store without an ear plug.

But what a show!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi Roy, I have listened to Def Leppard and like their song 'Hysteria'. My sister is a big fan of them.

I like Poison specially because of their really nicely blending guitar tones and meaningful lyrics.

Eg. from their song 'Life Goes On' -

"You healed up my wounds
I tasted your tears
You spilled out your heart
So I let out my fears

But one fear I kept to myself
How I prayed that you'd love no one else
Like you're saying you love me

Chorus

If you only knew how much I miss you"

And then the awesome solo complete with screeching harmonics.

The band sounds just so right to me...

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Ahhh the good ole' days! I love Poison, and yes I watched all 3 seasons of Rock of Love AND the Celebrity Apprentice...congrats to Brett Michaels for overcoming the odds and even making it to the finale of the show and WINNING!!! Love it when the underdog wins!!

Those shows really painted him in a good light, there is a special coming out on VH1 in a couple days based off the People Magazine interview I believe.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

His recent health scare was touch and go, too. A Brain Aneurism? Dang!

Roy

ReplyQuote