Skip to content
I want to Cry today...

Notifications
Clear all

I want to Cry today : Sob , Sob , Sob ......................

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi guys ,

This is a terrible news for all wrestling fans out there.I was surfing the net and only now found out that Eddie Gurrero was found dead on 13 Nov (not really sure about the date) in his hotel room.An acute heart failure is believed to be the cause.

I have not been seeing wrestling for sometime but when i saw this news i was shattered.I couldn't believe it.I mean how is this possible.Eddie was young (only 38 ) and he is gone.Unbelievable. :cry: Sob

There can be no one like him.The lying ,cheating ,stealing person as he was in the ring would be forever etched in my mind.That typical latino heat dance , the 3 amigos and the whole style is the unique that defined him.He was truely in the making of a legend and now he is no more with us :cry: :cry:

I still remember how me and my cousins were having so much fun by the dance of gurrero and we were doing it all the day when we met in jaipur.Now we have no more of an inspiration.(Viva la Raza :oops: )

I pay tribute to this excellent performer who was both great and loved inside and outside the ring and may his family survive this huge shock.

Eduardo Gory Guerrero - Rest In Peace.

Rahul

(@Anonymous)

There have ben several deaths in the wrestling world the last few years...Elizabeth was murdered possible by Lex Luger (they were dating after she divorced Macho Man Randy Savage), Paul Orndorf (steroid use), and several others I can't recall right now...

It's sad when anyone dies and I don't want to put a dark cloud over Eddie's death...but if you remember when he first was on WWF wrestling WAY back when he was a SKINNY little runt...absolutely no muscle. Then a few months later he was HUGE...this is a sure sign of steroid use...

I have a great deal of experience working out with guys who used the drugs and I thought about taking it once myself. One of my workout partners dies at age 26 from Lukeimia which was suspectedly cause by his Steroid use (He would have gotten it anyway but the drug can speed up the process). Another guy was squating 700lbs and went down for one rep...he got it and decided for another. Next thing you hear is a loud BANG and a shriek I will NEVER forget. His quadracep muscles in both legs snapped like rubber bands at his knees and shot up to his waist.

Many of the wrestlers used to workou at our gym when they were in town. I worked out with the British Bulldogs onece (the original ones) and they were the nicest guys...same with Macho Man & Elizabeth...some were idiots as well...

Anyway (sorry for the long winded post but this topic is something I feel strongly about)...steroid use also effects the heart. The heart just can't keep up with the quick growth of the body and doesn't have time to get stronger with it. This very well may have been the cause of his death...

Also, keep in mind I am SPECULATING here. This is the first I have heard of this tragic news...but when an athlete dies at a youg age there are usually outside factors that are the cause.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Yeah, I was saddened and shocked when I read about Eddie as well. I havn't watched wrestling in a very long time, but it's sad when stuff like that happens.

Next thing you hear is a loud BANG and a shriek I will NEVER forget. His quadracep muscles in both legs snapped like rubber bands at his knees and shot up to his waist.

For those of us that aren't gym teachers ;) , can you explain exactly what this means, and what happened, and how this affected him, if he recovered, etc ? (Sounds not so good)

It was very sad for the wrestling community when Owens (I think?) fell off the rope or whatever...The WWF did a sort of special on his life, and people said they were trying to capatalize on his death, stupid. I remember reading The Rock's book, and how offended he was by that.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Next thing you hear is a loud BANG and a shriek I will NEVER forget. His quadracep muscles in both legs snapped like rubber bands at his knees and shot up to his waist.

For those of us that aren't gym teachers ;) , can you explain exactly what this means, and what happened, and how this affected him, if he recovered, etc ? (Sounds not so good)

Sorry :oops: , Hewas doing a squat with 700lbs on his back...went down and back up once...he tried one more time and that's when his quadraceps muscles in both legs ripped off the bone and just like a snapping rubberband whipped up to his waist. The weight fell off his back onto the floor and of course 700lbs of solid steel hitting the floor will "BANG" loudly...Also, you can imagine that this is quite painful so the man shrieked like I have NEVER heard a man shriek before. I did forget to mention he was a known steroid user for over 20 years. What happens is that the muscles get stronger and bigger but the tendons that attach the muscle to the bone do not. Muscles are like rubberbands so as they get stronger if the tendons don't the tendon is the weak link...it just rips from the bone...

Sorry to be so graphic but you did ask! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Yeah, it was pretty clear Eddie did not get that big that quickly without some help. I haven't watched wrestling in years, but he used to be really skinny, then all of a sudden huge. Same deal with Scott Steiner--lean guy who was doing flips off the top ropes who suddenly had the biggest biceps in wrestling. There have been a lot of wrestlers who have abused steroids, and too many who paid with their lives.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Ms. Elizabeth's death was a drug overdose and Luger was cleared of any wrongdoing.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey . please damn stop speculating about and read it all here :evil:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/columns/fanjam/112005eddie.html

I hope this will clear all things up.He did NOT died from drug abuse , he left it 4 yrs ago.
Anyways he will always remain as one of my fav wrestlers.

VIVA LA RASSA :( :( :cry: :cry:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Please. Those are a bunch of things from fans. It proves absolutely nothing. Most healthy 38 year old men don't just die of heart failure. Steroids (and other drugs) when used inappropriately can do serious damage to ones heart even after they stop using it, and many wrestlers have used steroids pretty haphazardly.

From a real source:

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that's what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

eddie always had a big heart

ReplyQuote