Notifications
Clear all

ideas for a versitile amp head

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@prs_zig)
Topic starter  

I'm in the market for a new amp head and cabinet. I'm looking to spend about $450 all together. I want one that can play a wide variety of music. The amp head I'm looking at is the Behringer V-ampire and the cab is the Behringer BG412S. Do you think these are good for the money, if not ideas would be greatly appreciated.

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey there,

Behringer makes some great products all around. They're good quality, their stuff sounds great and the price point is usually where I like it.

When I was starting out I had a Digitech RP100a a few weeks later I got a V-Amp. I didn't play the VAmp for a while when I first got it, it seemed to complicated but after I got into it, it blew the digitech away, in sound quality to my ears at least. I loved mine, for the quality and versatility of sounds I could produce. I did let it go in some 'horse' trading I did to get into my American Strat and I've missed not having it.

I believe this head your looking at either has the same VAmp 'guts' to it or is a supe'd up, delux version of the VAmp. I'd say GO for it!!

I've heard their Cabs perform before and I like em. I don't have a cab but I do own a pair of their Truth B2031A active monitors. I'm very happy with them. I haven't regretted purchasing any Behringer product so far.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I'm with Dagwood. I don't own a Behringer amp or cab, but I own LOTS of Behringer PA gear and have been very happy. I have never had a single problem with any B gear.

I read lots of reviews and the V-Amp always gets very good reviews and has been a best seller for quite a few years now. I believe this amp head has the basic programs of the V-Amp as Dagwood said. And Behringer designs their gear to work with their other components, this head will probably sound it's best through a Behringer cab.

I can be a little defensive when it comes to Behringer. They get lots of criticism from other companies. Why? Because they sell good gear at great prices. They are cutting into their profits. B has been accused of copying other companies products, but they are very innovative and have come out with many new products of their own. Now these same companies are trying to copy them. :wink:

But go down and take a listen. I tried the 2 X 10 version combo and thought it sounded very good, although perhaps not quite powerful enough to gig with. But their modeling is excellent, some of the best.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member

behringer pa is good stuff for the price, also i know several people who own the behringer 4x10 bass cab and head. it sounds great and rocks. if you can try to find something like a peavey classic 50. they are expensive but everynow and then you will find someone who is letting one go for nothing

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote