Clear all

In the market for a new guitar

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveyusa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have came to the conclusion at this point in time I can not afford an American strat. I do not really want to buy the mexican strat and spend a buncha money changing out the pickups. I saw some nice Luguna guitars but know very little about them. One was gorgeous sunburst with a maple neck, locking tuners. The metal was brushed nickle. I think it ran in the mid 300s.
I saw some sweet Ibanez which are also affordable for me right now. Currently I play an old Peavey Patriot which is awesome and I will never get rid of it. I just want to get a new guitar thats suitable for all modes of playing. My peavey is a great blues guitar

Any opinions on the Lugunas or Ibanez?

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I have an MIM strat and I did change the bridge pickup I like to play a little heavier rock. I'm not really into messing and modding guitars but it took all of like 10 minutes to change the pickup. It couldn't get much easier.

I'm sure you can find comparable guitars it always comes down to a matter of personal taste but don't count out the Strat.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If I was in the same position as you, I'd try the Ibanez guitars....they have a good reputation, supposed to be able to cope with anything from blues through classic rock to heavy metal. Every review I've ever read praises their playability and fast fretboards...but that's only hearsay, and it's only one option. There are guys on this site who'll point you in the direction of budget guitars...for instance, TRGuitar loves the Agile LPs.

If you can't raise the cash for an MIA Strat, maybe a Squier Strat might be an option....they are well made, and definitely value for money. I know, I've had one - big mistake letting it go. Try them, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck,whatever you decide to go for!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Yes I do love my Agile Al's! And that is not without solid comparison by the way. I own 2 Epiphone Les Pauls and 2 Gibson Les Pauls so I have something to compare them to. That said I also own an Ibanez ART100 that I think is an exellent guitar as well. $300 price tag and worth every penny. No Laguna experience though.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote