is jimmy page sloppy?

35 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
18.6 K Views
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Short version:

I agree, Jimmy Page may or may not be sloppy when he's playing live; it doesn't bother me either way. It doesn't make me think less of him, it doesn't diminish any of his other playing accomplishments or writing or arranging in my estimation. It still took a lot of work to even get to the point of being sloppy (or not) in front of all those people. :)

And besides, there's great studio versions of the same songs, pretty much, to be taken apart. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the great insight on that toppic, when i watched the song remains the same, i thought he was god, i have not seen the new dvd yet is it good?

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

oh man, i have that zeppelin DVD and it is great. It's 2 discs. The first disc has most of their old songs from Led Zep I and II i believe, and the specail features are zeppelin tv commercials, and a really nice gig they played for reporters. Disc 1 has the mammoth bonham moby dick solo. It's at least 15min long! and he plays like 1/2 of it with his hands. Disc 2 starts off in madison sq garden, IMO the best zeppelin footage all extrememly clear and a crisp colors. they play songs such as bron yr aur stomp in my time of dying kashmir achilles last stand. It's jsut a great DVD, get it you will really enjoy it

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

black, thanks for the review, i can tall you are a zep freak like me, im gonna go get it tomarrow.tomarrow,tomarrow. jimmy page is, well almost god

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

enjoy man, youre not gonna do anything tomorrow but watch it

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hey black, awsome, f#/kin awsome, i"ve watched it twice already, and thinkin bout watching it again tonight, if page is sloppy, like alot of people say, i wanna be that sloppy.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Let's face it, Jimmy Page has paid his dues to the rock world... I don't think I have the right to call him sloppy :lol:

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@antny)
Trusted Member

apparently EVH feels he jas the right as he said jimmy plays like a five year old with broken fingers.

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

eddie said that? i"ve never heard that, well i think i"m gonna call mr. vanhalen, and give him a piece of my mind lol.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

apparently EVH feels he jas the right as he said jimmy plays like a five year old with broken fingers.

Yet another reason for me to dislike eddie :)

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

yea, thats pretty bad, i would never say crap like that bout a fellow guitar player, we are all brothers and sisters in the eyes of the almighty axe.

ReplyQuote
(@antny)
Trusted Member

it was in a guitar mag of mine. He later said that jimmy was a genius in the studio. I hope he truly meant the latter but it sounded like he was covering his tracks since he surely must have realized quickly he was gonna piss some people off

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

why was he even talking about jimmy? :?

ReplyQuote
(@antny)
Trusted Member

it was a guitar mag interview. I forget exactly but I am sure it had something to do with influences, recording tactics, or hust profficiency. he is considerd one of the greats so I guess his opinion matters. not to me though

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

EVH can say what he wants but alot of what Page played was better than his stuff, so I think he really doesn't deserve to be saying anything.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3