Clear all

I've seen others do this, but ....

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I've seen other versoins of this on line done by very talented people, but I recognised this guy. What do you think of it?

http://www.break.com/index/one-man-band-covers-bohemian-rhapsody-2300238

Kind of makes me want to give up ... :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Looked at that piece, TR. Yep...he's REAL good.

BUT!!! Your comment is telling in only that you are kidding...I hope!

TR...pay attention. I'm 61 and have played the world, earned more than I can say, and am collecting royalties from over 350 tunes in syndication.

Here's the REALITY:

He lip and finger synched the whole thing. Those great minutes were born of...what...I can't say...a hundred hours of work? Nah! Way more. I don't know. He did them over and over and over until they were right. Until they were perfect. Until they'd impress you.

The song? It ain't his. He didn't "feel" the creation of them. It wasn't born of his own pain of songbirth. He just went over, and over, and over the vocals...someone else's...until they were right...until they were perfect. Good lord, the vocals were sitting there as a ready reference baseline...he just had to "do them again".

He is a good techician...a great copycat, actually...with not one ounce of creativity over and above his general idea to sculpt this GREAT self-testimonial. Don't get me wrong...it's STELLAR! So don't EVER sell yourself short. I've listened to your stuff and...you got no reason to feel inferior...not in the least bit, Matey! :wink:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Cat for the words of encouragement. My comment was kind of a joke. At 51 I've been hard headed for many years and won't quit. I do realize the work he put in and even more so I know who he is. He started playing guitar at age 7 and graduated from a music conservetory and has a masters degree in production. He also is the former bass and current keyboard / rhythm guitarist for Blue Oyster Cult. I've seen him live and he is loving every minute of it. Great energy live. I've seen him play Spinal Tap stuff when he sound checks his rig. A sense of humor too. He respects the classic music and I can't fault him for that. I just stumbled across this by accident and thought .... "Hey! I know who that guy is!" I do appreciate your encouragement though. Sometimes I think, I've been playing this long and I still don't sound any good. Others, I get a little cocky. :lol: I am probably somewhere in the middle and despite 30+ years of playing I am not a professional, I am a hobbiest but have loved every minute I play. Encouragement from a pro player never hurts though. :wink: Actually it makes me want to play.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

That, I understand. I'm just trying to exercise the "wise" bit of "old & wise"! (Or at least fooling myself that I am.) Ha!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote