Clear all

Joe Satriani!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Normally I don't like widdley guitarists, I'm not a huge Steve Vai fan or Malmsteen etc.... but Satch learnt from the master - Mr Jimi Hendrix.

I'm off to see Satriani this year, can't wait. (amongst other bands including the hold steady, korn, boy kill boy, the smashing pumpkins, eric clapton)

Does anyone else like him?

together we stand, divided we fall..........

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Well Satch didn't really learn from Hendrix directly, but he was certainly influenced by him. :wink:

Funny, I'm a big Satriani fan but I don't really care for Vai, Malmsteen, etc., either. But I'll take a bit of Paul Gilbert in small doses, and some Andy Timmons as well.

Satch puts on a good live show; you'll enjoy him. I'm looking forward to hearing the new album. Who is playing bass with him on the new tour? Dave Larue was outstanding on the G3 shows (he also played with John Petrucci), but I don't think he's touring with Satch now.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah well I didn't mean he meant that he learn't directly from him, I've seen Joe with G3 before but I have to admit it still left me wanting a bit more from him so I'm looking forward to this so much. Dunno who's playing bass, I wish to God that it was Stu Hamm!

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote