Skip to content
Just when you thoug...

Notifications
Clear all

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....

68 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
11.5 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

...they release that version of "Axel F" with the crazy frog burbling over it...and it enters the charts at No. 1!!!!!

I have lost all respect for the British record buying public....anyone who's actually gone out and spent money on that rubbish deserves to be strangled slowly, resuscitated, and the process repeated ad infinitum....

Well that's my opinion anyway...I thank the lord my local pub only has a jukebox which plays albums....

Come back Shatner, come back Springer, all is forgiven....

Vic

EDIT....I've just seen Greybeard's post on the "Songs that get stuck in your head" thread.....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Sorry, Vic, couldn't resist it :twisted:

Now, all our friends across the pond will be googling their way to insanity by listening it over the internet and then having it swirl around, inside their heads, for days on end.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The "mute" button on my TV remote has never had as much hard use...!!!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Took me a while to make the associations: Axel F is the the Axel Foley theme music from Beverly Hills Cop, and the burbling frog is that ringtone that sounds to me like a Mandarin language impression of an Eastern European two-cycle automobile being driven through transmission shifts. Do I have this right? I hear this piece knocked Coldplay out of the #1 spot on the UK pop charts. Wow --can always count on the good taste of the public.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

So it was those stupid ringtones. :x Oh please the USA doesn't get that song as a No.1 single ever.

Must...have...Layla by....Cream/Eric Clapton playing...in...head. :D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

But the charts are for singles.. And who buys those anyway? Only albums in my collection...

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

It's been around for years, though. Somebody e-mailed me a link to a website which contained a picture of grumpy Schumacher's Ferrari going round the hairpin at Monaco, and that horrible frog sound playing incessantly, in 2000. It had the heading "Bet you can't look at this without laughing".

For it to make a number 1 single simply proves what a joke the charts have become. The trouble is, you've only got to shift a couple of thousand copies to get there. What next? That irritating fluffy yellow bird? That brain-damaging Nokia sound (from Gran Vals, I might add)?

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

No, no, no, noooooo!!!!

Well all hell is about to break lose here it seems. The local news had a segment about how the Axel F song went to No. 1 in the UK. And thanks to the news its stuck in my head again.

Anyone feel like starting a "Songs for Psychological Warfare" thread?

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Alan Green said:

"What next?That irritating fluffy yellow bird?"

Got it in one, Alan....apparently "Sweety's Party Anthem" is next to assault the airwaves.....

:( :evil: :(

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@mordeth)
Estimable Member

grrr, that frog really, really irrates me! Worse, if you've seen the tv ads, they stuck a censored logo over his weird belly button thing?!?
i dont know what the world's coming to sometimes, i really dont.

i remember hearing the same soundclip about 4 years ago, it was on an internet page and went something like this...

Stare at this picture for 10 seconds without laughing
*crappy 2d pic of a fomula1 car*

di-ding-ding-ding-ding!!! (crazy frog) - at the time the funniest thing i'd ever heard, nearly fell off my chair in school laughing, got some really strange looks :)

edit: by the way, phone ringtones now outsell cd singles in the uk, and now they can top the charts as well??? between this and tony christies 'road to amarillo' its pretty obvious that popular music has less and less to do with talent and more with packaging and promotion.

oh well, on the upside the frog did beat out coldplay for no.1. take that chris 'the next bono' martin!

This is my signature. Fear it.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Worse, if you've seen the tv ads, they stuck a censored logo over his weird belly button thing?!?

That, my son, is his wedding tackle (his John Thomas, his willy, his one-eyed trouser snake, etc....), that they're covering up. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Only draws atention to it.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Now there's a new one - a dancing teddy with a voice like a castrated choirboy sucking on a helium balloon....and oh, joy of joys, guess what this one's "singing".....

Brown Girl In The Ring..............

Pass the sick-bucket over here please....quickly!!!!

:shock: :? :x :evil: :(

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@freaky_nell)
Eminent Member

Now there's a new one - a dancing teddy with a voice like a castrated choirboy sucking on a helium balloon....and oh, joy of joys, guess what this one's "singing".....

Brown Girl In The Ring..............

Pass the sick-bucket over here please....quickly!!!!

:shock: :? :x :evil: :(

Vic

It's still better than William Shatner. :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Pet sent me a link to a site taking the mickey out of rigtones...I'm not going to post it here, it's extremely rude and in very bad taste and I don't want kiddies seeing it....it's a real side-splitter....you'll have to PM me if you want it....

:D :D :D

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Pet sent me a link to a site taking the mickey out of rigtones...I'm not going to post it here, it's extremely rude and in very bad taste and I don't want kiddies seeing it....it's a real side-splitter....you'll have to PM me if you want it....

:D :D :D

Vic
LOL - Isn't every link I send you either exstremely rude or in very bad taste?

But two in one - SCORE!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5