Clear all

Kaki King

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys, i just bought my tix to see Kaki King at the Tin Angel. im excited, she's so awesome.

i still wish i could get Vertigo Leg 4 tickets, but i dont have the money to fly to South America, Australia, Japan, Mexico or Hawaii. i heard hawaii's nice though :) damn being poor!!!!!!

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Have a great time! She was one of the acts I really wanted to see at last summer's Montreal Jazz Fest. Unfortunately, she was rained out ... well more like lightning stormed out.

No surprise she started (and still is) a drummer.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@poonchasta)
Eminent Member

There's a slight possibility I might go see her when she comes to chicago next month, but it might be too much of a hassle.

"Is there something in the guitar case?"
"Yeah."
"What?"
"My guitar."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I would LOVE to actually watch her in person! She's absolutely amazing, IMHO!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

the show's not till march, but it should still be fantastic. it just so happens to *almost* coincide with my girlfriend's and mine anniversary (1 full year of dating, woo hoo!) so it should be that much more fantastic.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

I must saying I'm truly falling in love with Kaki's music. I'm jealous...she doesn't seem to be comming to Canada anytime soon :(

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

I'd heard of her but never heard her until today, checking out the sound clips on Amazon.

Her music reminds me a lot of Flathead Ned Landin for some reason.

Will certainly stop by the Berklee box office tomorrow to see if tickets are available yet. ;)

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote